• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear Cover problem?

MOfroggy

For those of you that are designing billet gear covers for the Rampage I thought that you might like to see this pic. Apparently the tolerances inside the cover are pretty tight. The picture shows the wear inside the cover after only 3/4 tank. You might need to allow for this in your design.

Could this in some way be the cause of the stock gears failing?

MOfroggy

IMG_0017.jpg

Sprint 77

Contributor
I realy think we need to take a fresh look at the gear mesh clearance and angle alignment, After seeing so many gear failures and now rubbing. Maybe poor plastic composition isn't the only problem. Rob with your Real job Can you get this gear stack CMM and look at it closer a shim here or there or remove one may be a better solution. I have not even taken my vover off yet , but I think this issue needs a fresh look with some experience that either you have or know someone that might shed new light.

RampageHopUps

The MCD plastic gears have been working well for even the first shipment guys. I can have the centerline of the gear mesh checked on a CMM, but I don't think thats the problem.

Modified RC

RampageHopUps said:
The MCD plastic gears have been working well for even the first shipment guys. I can have the centerline of the gear mesh checked on a CMM, but I don't think thats the problem.
I just put the MCD gears on mine and they spin much easier than the stock ones. The stock gears had tight spots when spun by hand, with the MCD gears installed there are no tight spots and they just feel smoother when spun by hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts