• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gasser with reverse

G

I'm not sure who designed it, but this truck is advertised with reverse.

This is a manufacture pic straight from where most stuff is made.

4d6abeef1f614a80fa5a484c3e23b654_zpsa16ca0cb.jpg

G

Not sure why. I'd rather have multiple forward speeds.

rampagemt

If reverse wouldnt slow the truck down I would be all for it. That way when your climbing huge hills and what not you can back out of something if need be. Then add a 2 speed of 3 :D :D :D

G

I never heard of SY 4WD. The full alloy looks like something Nutech would be into.

rob64n

Contributor
That truck was introduced a few years ago, but haven't ran into anyone that had bought one. Not sure if they are even around anymore..

cordy

I believe thier is a fellow in pa. that owns one.You can find the truck at made in china .com.Prc5403,its called king blue devil.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Did it always have reverse?

cordy

You can also find it at aliexpress.com.They have 3 models with reverse ,prices range from $730-$1069 us.Mind you don't know how strong the trans is.

G

I was curious how the thing shifted between forward and reverse. It has a relatively small gear plate and gear set.

sanos

rampagemt said:
Any YouTube videos of that thing has anyone seen?
There is a video in that link I posted above. Looks like the truck always lands back to its four wheels and keeps on going... :cool:

rampagemt

Did you look at how it goes into reverse? Little spring with a rod and a servo just swings and pushes it in making it into reverse. Looks quite cheap. Gotta love Chinese

Ildy666

GTS 666 said:
Seen it awhile ago and never gave it a thought. I just run over sh$t with the MT lol.
+1 on that if it's in ur way go over it...lol...

On a side note how u doing gts666 havent heard from u in a while.hows the no smoking going????

G

rampagemt said:
Did you look at how it goes into reverse? Little spring with a rod and a servo just swings and pushes it in making it into reverse. Looks quite cheap. Gotta love Chinese
That would not hold up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.