• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gas vs Electric Receiver for Rampage MT?

pfrederi1

This should be a quick answer im hoping but is there a difference between a receiver thats used in gas rc vehicles vs receiver thats supposed to be used in an electric rc vehicle???

Im asking becaudse I took out a Futaba 304SB receiver from one of my electric rc vehicles and want to use it in my Rampage, but ive always seen when purchasing receivers they specify for gas or electric. Can they be interchangeable. For instance can I use this receiver in my Rampage? Would like to hear inputs as to why or why not.

Thx

sunoco

as far as i know, they are all the same. but, i have wrong before.- i do know that 2 there are 2 kinds of killswitches- the gas killswitches we use break circut to the ignition coil-- no spark. nitro engines have a redhot glow plug. i guess nitro "killswitches" just pull back the throttle-- i would call that a failsafe.

G-Man

This should be a quick answer im hoping but is there a difference between a receiver thats used in gas rc vehicles vs receiver thats supposed to be used in an electric rc vehicle???

Im asking becaudse I took out a Futaba 304SB receiver from one of my electric rc vehicles and want to use it in my Rampage, but ive always seen when purchasing receivers they specify for gas or electric. Can they be interchangeable. For instance can I use this receiver in my Rampage? Would like to hear inputs as to why or why not.

Thx
The Futaba 304SB receiver will work in your MT. I use the same receiver in my MT and Dunerunner. The electric specific receiver is the 304SB-E which I use in my dbxl-e, that receiver has no antenna wire

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.