• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gas tank Vent and fuel line leakage

Silent_chaos

Sup,

So i am having couple of problems, it seems that the black cap in which the vent and the fuel lines come out of are leaking small bits of fuel.

Is there any type of sealant that can resist gas+oil mixture?(some kind of a military silicone maybe? ) Cz I really need to stop this leakage even if is in small quantities.

Another thing, im having bubbles inside the fuel line, is this related to the above problem?

How can i overcome this? It's affecting my carb settings

Pics are below

3esamy2y.jpg bebe6ude.jpg

hysinthius

not that I know of. Best thing you could do is take it out clean it with some isopropyl alcohol and put it back in and see how much it leaks.

You could also go to autozone or napa and see what they have for body grommets. Maybe you can get something with a bit more "stiffness" (that's what she said!).

Its kind of the "nature of the beast" sort of thing when you have vacuum style fuel pickups as they have to pass through the tank in some way.

JD

hysinthius

Maybe its time for someone to make a nice stainless steal tank for us with pickup and vent "barbs" on it.

JD

Deluge

Which line is getting bubbles? The pickup or the return? Bubbles are normal in the return line. If it's in the pickup line, it's sucking in air from somewhere. Do you have an inline filter? Any worn spots on the line?

As far as the leaking grommet, a little moisture is normal. If it's a lot, that means the pressure in your tank is building up and trying to escape through the grommet. The vent is a one way valve, it'll allow air in but it won't allow pressure to escape. So any pressure that builds up due to heat or just long run times, is going to find an easy way out, which in this case is the grommet.

Phill

Deluge said:
Which line is getting bubbles? The pickup or the return? Bubbles are normal in the return line. If it's in the pickup line, it's sucking in air from somewhere. Do you have an inline filter? Any worn spots on the line?As far as the leaking grommet, a little moisture is normal. If it's a lot, that means the pressure in your tank is building up and trying to escape through the grommet. The vent is a one way valve, it'll allow air in but it won't allow pressure to escape. So any pressure that builds up due to heat or just long run times, is going to find an easy way out, which in this case is the grommet.
Thats why I run a long line with a fuel filter on it rather than the vent

Breathes both ways

Run the hose up the cage and back down to the chassis and it won't leak when upside down

Silent_chaos

Phill said:
Thats why I run a long line with a fuel filter on it rather than the ventBreathes both ways

Run the hose up the cage and back down to the chassis and it won't leak when upside down
Please post pics if possible

Deluge

This.

Silent_chaos

Deluge said:
Which line is getting bubbles? The pickup or the return? Bubbles are normal in the return line. If it's in the pickup line, it's sucking in air from somewhere. Do you have an inline filter? Any worn spots on the line?As far as the leaking grommet, a little moisture is normal. If it's a lot, that means the pressure in your tank is building up and trying to escape through the grommet. The vent is a one way valve, it'll allow air in but it won't allow pressure to escape. So any pressure that builds up due to heat or just long run times, is going to find an easy way out, which in this case is the grommet.
Im seeing bubbles in the return line.

And yes a bit if moisture equivalent to 8-9 fuel drops. No filter and no worn spots.

Just a snappy air vent

kydo32

Silent_chaos said:
That's a very nice product. I will get it.However, isnt this like permanent? I mean if I apply it, it's a no way back. Right?
being that its gas resistant it will be permanent

Silent_chaos

Phill said:
Bubbles in the return is no problemIf it was the inlet would be different
Ok. I found out today that bubbles are found both in return line and fuel inlet line.

Any help in diagnosing this?

Phill

Silent_chaos said:
Ok. I found out today that bubbles are found both in return line and fuel inlet line.Any help in diagnosing this?
Sound like an air leak in the inlet hose.

Is the filter fully submerged?

Are there any cracks or splits in the hose?

Silent_chaos

Phill said:
Sound like an air leak in the inlet hose.Is the filter fully submerged?

Are there any cracks or splits in the hose?
Just checked. Fully submerged and no cracks or holes. Fuel line is new.

The bubbles are small. I guess they're the reason the engine is working in a sinusoidal pattern.

High rmp to low rpm to high rpm to low rpm

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts