• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel Ratio

RoninXVI

I’ve been researching fuels for my Rampage XT and came across VP small engine 2 cycle 40:1 premixed fuel, and was concerned reading about fuel ratio for running 25:1 32:1 don’t run 50:1 and was wondering would this be safe being its designed for 2 cycle engines??? D32C8FEC-A344-4C8E-BC12-682BD3D428BC.jpeg

Last edited:

V8srfun

These engines are designed to run lots of oil I would not have a problem running the vp but I would do the math and add the appropriate amount of oil to get 20 to 1.

I run 93 octane pump gas in mine with yamalube 2cycle oil. It is one of the better oils out there and is reasonably cheap comparatively to other options.

RoninXVI

Thanks for the reply & info V8srfun! ???

Last edited:

Phill

I’ve been researching fuels for my Rampage XT and came across VP small engine 2 cycle 40:1 premixed fuel, and was concerned reading about fuel ratio for running 25:1 32:1 don’t run 50:1 and was wondering would this be safe being its designed for 2 cycle engines??? View attachment 14524

Not enough oil will cost you a motor real quick.
Just use pump gas and a dirt bike oil at 25 or 30:1.
High octane is of no benefit in 2 strokes as it changes the timing of firing.

Firpo

I run 35:1 in my chimera and had no problem. Its been 3 years now motor runs excellent. So when i see people say 20:1 i shake my head nope not for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.