• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

front tires don't pull

mr.33trucker

all the dog bones are still thier. ant ideas whats wrong? took it off a jump landede kinda funny now front tires don't pull. Did pop out one dog bone when it landed . Put it back now the front is broke. Thanks 4 all the help

max 1

Check To See Iff Dog Bone Pinns Are Thear I,ve Seen The Pins Shed Of Going Over A Jump With The Brake On When U Land ,or On The Thotel.

DemonRC

Just start at the center diff and work your way to the tires to see where it is slipping. If the front center dogbone is powering the front diff then most likely you busted a outdrive pin inside the diff or broke an outdrive shaft that the pin goes into. There's plently of threads on the diff problem, and thankfully, there's a fix to it too. Most guys here have ordered the upgrade kit which contains beefed up diff pins because the stock pins can snap. Then, they temper the outdrive shafts with a torch and it looks like the diff is bulletproof after that.

str8jailbird

sounds like a front diff cup shaft broke. That's what mine did when the front left snapped. Only had rear wheel drive. Check out the threads on tempering the diff cups.

mooman007uk

Banned
As per catchaser start from the centre and work up the drivetrain, I've had a pin come out the centre dog bone and I've snapped numerous drive cup shafts and both will give you the same result as will an axle driveshaft losing a pin unless you run heavy diff lube then you'll have 3 wd if you bust a cup shaft, pin or lose a pin. Easily fixed and upgraded for free. Make sure you green loctite all the dogbone pins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts