• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Front end/drivetrain help

C-Mac

Need help! I haven't put a half tank of gas through my Rampage MT and the front wheels no longer spin, rear wheel drive only. I can spin both front wheel and notice that the coupling at the center diff does not spin so I assume it's a gear issue? New to 5th scale so I don't want to tear it down without a little input from the mass's. Any idea's as to what it may be? :eek:

mooman007uk

Banned
doesthe front driveshaft between centre and fronf diff spin when you turn the wheels...maybe the dogbone pin snapped or fell out...it not that then something internal in the diff has snapped..probably the retaining pins.

C-Mac

I went and had a better look and it would seem the dogbone pin snapped off the front drive shaft so it just spins. I just have to replace them with beafier ones

fifthscalejunkie

Buy the mcd dogbones from rampagehopups. They are beefier and rob told me no one has broken them yet. Also put fuel tubing in each drive cup to center the dogbone's

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts