• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fried reciever

Joeyg19

My reciever is junk it burned up and smoked. I have a stock battery too. Also in the process now my new hitec steering servo does not work. I run high tec servo's throttle and steering. What caused this? I think the battery terminal. Is there a good one to buy? Don't want this issue again.

G

Sounds like you had a short.

The receivers can be found for around 10 bucks. The stock receiver is the same as the one used for the Flysky GT3b.

Joeyg19

You think it was just a reciever problem? I am just hesitant to buy another stock reciever then. It fried my steering servo lead. and the battery box lead. Hopefully high tec will fix the steering servo.

cordy

don't leave the reciever on with the transmitter off it will cook the servo and may be other things. all ways turn the reciever off first then the transmitter,sometimes a person forgets and turns the transmitter off first and forgets to turn off the reciever off. Been there done that.

G

Joeyg19 said:
You think it was just a reciever problem? I am just hesitant to buy another stock reciever then. It fried my steering servo lead. and the battery box lead. Hopefully high tec will fix the steering servo.
No I don't think it was the receiver. It is more common of a bad servo or external short to mess things up.

To be on the safe side replace any thing that shows sings of damage. Battery, kill switch, power switch, all servos and the receiver might need replacement after a bad short. Test all the parts before buttoning up the receiver / battery box.

Joeyg19

Ok, where can I find a good power switch switch?

Joeyg19

also a little more backround. Right before this problem it fried a stock throtle servo. I just assumed it was a bad stock thottle servo but I guess not. So are these stocm power switches junk and sending out too much voltage?

G

Stock receiver are fine. I've ran them with 2s lipo receiver packs with over 8v fully charged. The Hitecs are fine with them. The factory power switch normally last quite awhile. I just replace mine when ever I replace electronics as preventive maintenance.

I would replace it if the plug or wires were damaged or just to rule out a possibility. They are fairly inexpensive. DDM should have everything you are looking for. Use RRF for a discount code and get 5% off.

G

That will fit but you will have to change the plug on the battery. If you replace the battery, most have that style plug.

Joeyg19

bought the switch and 2 recievers. Now I believe it is just the lead damged on my steering servo. Any way I can just put a new lead on? It is under warenty, will Hi tec do it for free?

G

Send to Hitec for warranty. Did you have your end points set? If they are not you will burn the servo out. They must be set ever time you swap a servo or receiver and at initial start up.

Joeyg19

They were set. I did not even run it. It just fried the reciever. I did not have a chance to set them. I ran the high tec reciever for awile with no problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts