• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fouling spark plugs

JayV3rc

Has anyone had problems with there plugs fouling It's just started with me I have 30cc with jetpro pipe,813 carb,Ada aluminum intake,HPI filter kit,and .012 head gasket I changed my fuel mix a little it says with that head gasket to run 95 octane or better so the best I can come up with is mixing 2 oz. Of octane booster to 1 gal of 93 octane and mixing 25:1 oil ratio im using NGK iridium ix plugs (CR7HIX) it seems the plug went in like 3 tanks of gas the car just bogs down so I cleaned the plug little bit and ran fine for a bit and it started again just wondering if there's a diff plug I should run with this set up or try some diff settings

powerslave69

a plug is a plug...is a plug....is a plug

JayV3rc said:
Has anyone had problems with there plugs fouling It's just started with me I have 30cc with jetpro pipe,813 carb,Ada aluminum intake,HPI filter kit,and .012 head gasket I changed my fuel mix a little it says with that head gasket to run 95 octane or better so the best I can come up with is mixing 2 oz. Of octane booster to 1 gal of 93 octane and mixing 25:1 oil ratio im using NGK iridium ix plugs (CR7HIX) it seems the plug went in like 3 tanks of gas the car just bogs down so I cleaned the plug little bit and ran fine for a bit and it started again just wondering if there's a diff plug I should run with this set up or try some diff settings
That says it all. From what you describe, it sounds like someting else is going on with your motor. I've tried all spark plugs mentioned in this forum and they all work the same. It turned out I needed a gas cap vent. have you installed a gas cap vent? No? Try this:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5734&highlight=vent

Maybe you're running too rich. A lot of guys mentioned 813 carb is a lot of trouble. Search the forum for "813 carb" and you'll get a lot of links proving a lot of us having problem with this carb. Luckily I don't have one. Hope this helps.

JayV3rc

I have vented the cap the top end of the motor was just done 4 tanks ago do you have any suggestions for a better carb I didn't think it was the carb cause the thing starts great and runs like a raped ape I don't know if I should try a 30:1 ratio or what I'm sure if I put in another plug it will run fine just trying to find the perfect combo of parts for the perfect running motor is endless but hey I guess Rome wasn't built in a day either.

powerslave69

demon rc or Rob

JayV3rc said:
I have vented the cap the top end of the motor was just done 4 tanks ago do you have any suggestions for a better carb I didn't think it was the carb cause the thing starts great and runs like a raped ape I don't know if I should try a 30:1 ratio or what I'm sure if I put in another plug it will run fine just trying to find the perfect combo of parts for the perfect running motor is endless but hey I guess Rome wasn't built in a day either.
I would ask DemonRC or Rob of rampage Hopups. These two guys are veterans of Ramps and they could almost point you to the right direction once they know the issue. I've been lucky so far with my XT and the motor is running like a dream and only been working on suspensions since I've been driving hard. I would stay with 25:1 though. If you want to lean it out just use LSN, go for a couple of laps to get the right temp then adjust LSN clockwise ti'll u start getting a high pitch, back off 1/8 turn counterclockwise then run 2 more laps and adjust your HSN to get the best possible performance without getting too lean. The best setting is you would see a bit of smoke every now and then. But ask these 2 guys also.

here's another youtube link. very informative:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jewDW3G4LKg[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]
Hope this helps. good luck!

"HAVE YOU RUN OVER A NITRO LATELY!" :D

racetruck

I would say you have the carb running to rich. and the (octane booster) is causing the problem is the booster for 2 strokes. try running just 92 gas mixed with 2 stroke oil at 5oz of oil to 1 gal of gas and see if that helps. one more thing what 2 stroke oil do you use?

JayV3rc

My carb settings are 1 1/4 on l/s and 1 1/2 on h/s and I wasn't aware there is an octane booster for 2stroke engines I ran 93 with no booster and it almost sounded like the motor was pinging so that's why I added the booster and it seemed to stop I'm using an STP booster that supposedly is made with jet fuel the car seems to run fine with the plug clean and I've made sure to check the carb settings before I run for oil I use Amsoil dominator race 2 stroke oil I just don't know what else it could be I'm sure that I tune the carb correctly Is their another carb I should try besides the 813

JayV3rc

The ping was deff coming from the engine the exhaust and gaskets are new I'm not sure what it could be I was just using the booster until I can get some 98 octane from a friend like I said it's funny the car runs strong with no issues but will then die and I have to give it throttle to start it and it just bogs I cleaned the plug ran fine for not to long and same thing bog down and dies

JayV3rc

Well just for the hell of it I started the car while it's a little cooler and it runs fine so the plug can't be fouled I guess back to the drawing board

JayV3rc

Well I went out and ran the car some more today I'm lost I didn't Change a thing it started right up ran fine but I think the batt needs a charge cause the fail safe just kicked but I was running for a good 10 mins with no problems

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts