• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Foam inserts in tyres.

GTS 666

Noticed rear tyres shaking lots when driven on hard surfaces undone one to check foam to find it falling apart. Undone the other to find foam turned into powder . How long does foam normally last, these are not new but far from used up. I simply packed in new foam no big deal just curious if anyone else had same prob.

chevy

I never heard of this happeing before I do remember when my first set of buggy wheels ripped apart the foams were looking like they were disentagrating I know their really soft.

I know that there was an issue with the foams falling apart when the Rampage first came out, didn't know if they made improvements on them. Is there anywhere that you can buy the foams seperate from the tires?

OICU812

thunderchevyjs said:
I know that there was an issue with the foams falling apart when the Rampage first came out, didn't know if they made improvements on them. Is there anywhere that you can buy the foams seperate from the tires?
Yes you cane use fg onroad foams will work and hold up nice. don't know if they come by them selves. www.fgsupply.com and i have also used some foam from a site called mcmastercarr

OICU812 said:
Yes you cane use fg onroad foams will work and hold up nice. don't know if they come by them selves. www.fgsupply.com and i have also used some foam from a site called mcmastercarr
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot...

GTS 666

I was in a hurry because i wanted to use it. The foam i used was under lay u put on your bed, cut to width and length and put in tyres a little pushing and shoving but found them to firm up the tyres nicely. Done some high speed runs and had no problems yet guess ill see what happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts