• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First upgrades needed for A NEW out of the box MT

Dusty

So Im new to the forums and new to rc trucks . In fact My last rc was a nitro boat 15 yrs ago and many differences and changes sense then so I’m sure I’ll be looking through all past posts regarding the MT & still end up with many questions . With that being said in you all’s opinion what are the first upgrades needed for an mt out of the box . I bought an auxiliary gas kill switch RRC-05K straight from the beginning but I’ve been noticing everyone prefers a different switch . So I thought I’d start off by asking you MT owners what you’ve found to be needed as a starting point for upgrades on your trucks . Any help you’d care to share will be greatly appreciated.

Impalassman

I think most myself included use the killer RC kill switch. I upgraded my air filter. Put on outerwear on my air filter, pullstart and crankcase, and vented my tank.

Dusty

I noticed the tank seams to really need venting done & I’ll probably change to a killer kill switch when I upgrade my transmitter / receiver so it has a specific channel to use . Here is where I’ll show what kind of noob I really am ! What do you mean by outer wear on the air filter ? Like a breather sock to go over the filter ? Is there any commonly needed replacement parts I should have on hand ? Seams like I need to get loc tite and go through 90% of the truck straight off

Impalassman

Outerwear is a brand of pre filter that keeps out dust and debree and this brand sheds water some too. I got mine off of ebay but they are available at many places that sell Rc stuff I think DDM has them.

Dusty

Thanks impalassman . I’ll be needing this for sure . I live in Oregon and will be doin a lot of sanddune bashing . The sand is sooo fine the air filter will need extra help for sure . I’ll have to look them up . Thinking something to cover the shocks with as well would be a good idea .

Impalassman

Yes I also covered my shocks. Hate to say it but the xmaxx shock covers fit well and come in many cool colors and patterns.

Dusty

I looked up the wears on ddm , what ones fit (if you recall ) the mt car . Is the CY Motor basically the same as the HY that is in the rampage ? Man I tell you the more I read through stuff the more I feel confused lol . I really appreciate your help man . I’ve got a lot to learn and think there is going to be a lot of trial and error

Impalassman

I actually got my shock covers from full force RC on their ebay store. Yes the cy and hy engine outerwear should be compatible.

Dusty

Thanks for your help bud I received my MT yesterday . Not sure if I have bad or good luck ! The bed was cracked . I bought it from amazon prime and they don’t do returns on this item . Because it burns fuel they have it on their hazardous materials list of none returnable .... waiting for a supervisor authorization to either refund my $ or second option is send out a new truck . Lol

Mxaddiction

Yes I also covered my shocks. Hate to say it but the xmaxx shock covers fit well and come in many cool colors and patterns.
Thanks Impalassman!! I took your advice and went through FullForce and got a set of really cool covers for my Rampage. WOW!!! XMAXX Eat your heart out....LMSAO!!!! CDB47BEA-0BBF-42B7-97CD-8D95C3D61E28.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.