First upgrades needed for A NEW out of the box MT

Dusty

Dusty

So Im new to the forums and new to rc trucks . In fact My last rc was a nitro boat 15 yrs ago and many differences and changes sense then so I’m sure I’ll be looking through all past posts regarding the MT & still end up with many questions . With that being said in you all’s opinion what are the first upgrades needed for an mt out of the box . I bought an auxiliary gas kill switch RRC-05K straight from the beginning but I’ve been noticing everyone prefers a different switch . So I thought I’d start off by asking you MT owners what you’ve found to be needed as a starting point for upgrades on your trucks . Any help you’d care to share will be greatly appreciated.

Impalassman

Impalassman

I think most myself included use the killer RC kill switch. I upgraded my air filter. Put on outerwear on my air filter, pullstart and crankcase, and vented my tank.

Dusty

Dusty

I noticed the tank seams to really need venting done & I’ll probably change to a killer kill switch when I upgrade my transmitter / receiver so it has a specific channel to use . Here is where I’ll show what kind of noob I really am ! What do you mean by outer wear on the air filter ? Like a breather sock to go over the filter ? Is there any commonly needed replacement parts I should have on hand ? Seams like I need to get loc tite and go through 90% of the truck straight off

Impalassman

Impalassman

Outerwear is a brand of pre filter that keeps out dust and debree and this brand sheds water some too. I got mine off of ebay but they are available at many places that sell Rc stuff I think DDM has them.

Dusty

Dusty

Thanks impalassman . I’ll be needing this for sure . I live in Oregon and will be doin a lot of sanddune bashing . The sand is sooo fine the air filter will need extra help for sure . I’ll have to look them up . Thinking something to cover the shocks with as well would be a good idea .

Impalassman

Impalassman

Yes I also covered my shocks. Hate to say it but the xmaxx shock covers fit well and come in many cool colors and patterns.

Dusty

Dusty

I looked up the wears on ddm , what ones fit (if you recall ) the mt car . Is the CY Motor basically the same as the HY that is in the rampage ? Man I tell you the more I read through stuff the more I feel confused lol . I really appreciate your help man . I’ve got a lot to learn and think there is going to be a lot of trial and error

Impalassman

Impalassman

I actually got my shock covers from full force RC on their ebay store. Yes the cy and hy engine outerwear should be compatible.

Dusty

Dusty

Thanks for your help bud I received my MT yesterday . Not sure if I have bad or good luck ! The bed was cracked . I bought it from amazon prime and they don’t do returns on this item . Because it burns fuel they have it on their hazardous materials list of none returnable .... waiting for a supervisor authorization to either refund my $ or second option is send out a new truck . Lol

RcGuy420

RcGuy420

Members online

• Ironman123

Latest posts