• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First things to do on new Rampage MT?

RcGuy420

Hey guys,

I just got myself a MT, and I was wondering what are the first things i should do?

Proper Break-in?
What is the proper fuel/oil mixture? Someone told me 25:1 and to use VP RACE Fuel 25:1 mix, is that good?

sunoco

Hey guys,

I just got myself a MT, and I was wondering what are the first things i should do?

Proper Break-in?
What is the proper fuel/oil mixture? Someone told me 25:1 and to use VP RACE Fuel 25:1 mix, is that good?
25 to 1 is good. using vp- sunoco- or any other race fuel in a factory stock engine is not going to build power. i suggest finding a gas station that sells non ethanol gas.- or- just go to a marina- or bulk plant and buy agan- non ethanol gas.-- myself? I break in these hobby engines using Maxima super M dirt bike 2 cycle oil- After 1 tank-- I use only Redline go cart- 2 cycle oil-- in dirt bikes- chain saws- weed eaters- rc cars- its the gold standard. period.

RcGuy420

25 to 1 is good. using vp- sunoco- or any other race fuel in a factory stock engine is not going to build power. i suggest finding a gas station that sells non ethanol gas.- or- just go to a marina- or bulk plant and buy agan- non ethanol gas.-- myself? I break in these hobby engines using Maxima super M dirt bike 2 cycle oil- After 1 tank-- I use only Redline go cart- 2 cycle oil-- in dirt bikes- chain saws- weed eaters- rc cars- its the gold standard. period.

Thank you, the only reason why i was sugguested to get that VP Race Fuel, is the simplicity of not having to mix anything, just pour and go.. lol i am not opposed to mixing.

sunoco

Thank you, the only reason why i was sugguested to get that VP Race Fuel, is the simplicity of not having to mix anything, just pour and go.. lol i am not opposed to mixing.
oh. thought you were gonna buy 5 gallons of vp-110-c-12-- thats spendy. the bottles you are talking bout would be handy- trouble free. uncertan what the gas- oil ratio is though.--

sunoco

wow. thats very spendy. its the correct ratio though- 25-1. I buy sunoco 110 regular in sealed 5 gallon cans,-- $60.00 each.-- no oil in it- i mix it as needed.

sunoco

just look in the yellow pages in phone book. Or call a good dirt bike shop. - Agan, using this in a stock engine is a waste of good cash dollars. You are better off- and your stock hobby engine also-- If you live near a marina- if not, look up bulk gasoline dealers. There, you can buy 92-93-95 Non ethanol gasoline. ALL bulk plants that i know of are non ethanol only. Why? Because they do not want to deal with rust - other issues. The only reason i use the race gas is because Of my engines- An r-m 144 cc suzuki that was built to use this octane, Wr 200 yamahammer that requires minimum 95 octane- I mix 50% non ethanol pump gas- 50% sunoco 110 regular.-- The rc-c? high compression f-270- other larger displacement engines with much higher than stock compression.- Too high octane in a stock r-c hobby engine actually loses top end power- It burns too cold & slow. same story with airplane- a-v gas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online