First things to do on new Rampage MT?

RcGuy420

RcGuy420

Hey guys,

I just got myself a MT, and I was wondering what are the first things i should do?

Proper Break-in?
What is the proper fuel/oil mixture? Someone told me 25:1 and to use VP RACE Fuel 25:1 mix, is that good?

sunoco

sunoco

Hey guys,

I just got myself a MT, and I was wondering what are the first things i should do?

Proper Break-in?
What is the proper fuel/oil mixture? Someone told me 25:1 and to use VP RACE Fuel 25:1 mix, is that good?
25 to 1 is good. using vp- sunoco- or any other race fuel in a factory stock engine is not going to build power. i suggest finding a gas station that sells non ethanol gas.- or- just go to a marina- or bulk plant and buy agan- non ethanol gas.-- myself? I break in these hobby engines using Maxima super M dirt bike 2 cycle oil- After 1 tank-- I use only Redline go cart- 2 cycle oil-- in dirt bikes- chain saws- weed eaters- rc cars- its the gold standard. period.

RcGuy420

RcGuy420

25 to 1 is good. using vp- sunoco- or any other race fuel in a factory stock engine is not going to build power. i suggest finding a gas station that sells non ethanol gas.- or- just go to a marina- or bulk plant and buy agan- non ethanol gas.-- myself? I break in these hobby engines using Maxima super M dirt bike 2 cycle oil- After 1 tank-- I use only Redline go cart- 2 cycle oil-- in dirt bikes- chain saws- weed eaters- rc cars- its the gold standard. period.

Thank you, the only reason why i was sugguested to get that VP Race Fuel, is the simplicity of not having to mix anything, just pour and go.. lol i am not opposed to mixing.

sunoco

sunoco

Thank you, the only reason why i was sugguested to get that VP Race Fuel, is the simplicity of not having to mix anything, just pour and go.. lol i am not opposed to mixing.
oh. thought you were gonna buy 5 gallons of vp-110-c-12-- thats spendy. the bottles you are talking bout would be handy- trouble free. uncertan what the gas- oil ratio is though.--

sunoco

sunoco

wow. thats very spendy. its the correct ratio though- 25-1. I buy sunoco 110 regular in sealed 5 gallon cans,-- $60.00 each.-- no oil in it- i mix it as needed.

sunoco

sunoco

just look in the yellow pages in phone book. Or call a good dirt bike shop. - Agan, using this in a stock engine is a waste of good cash dollars. You are better off- and your stock hobby engine also-- If you live near a marina- if not, look up bulk gasoline dealers. There, you can buy 92-93-95 Non ethanol gasoline. ALL bulk plants that i know of are non ethanol only. Why? Because they do not want to deal with rust - other issues. The only reason i use the race gas is because Of my engines- An r-m 144 cc suzuki that was built to use this octane, Wr 200 yamahammer that requires minimum 95 octane- I mix 50% non ethanol pump gas- 50% sunoco 110 regular.-- The rc-c? high compression f-270- other larger displacement engines with much higher than stock compression.- Too high octane in a stock r-c hobby engine actually loses top end power- It burns too cold & slow. same story with airplane- a-v gas.

Members online

• Brimor
  • ZRC

Latest posts