• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

first startup but wont move

bt806rc

I just started the chimera today for break in. Started fine but noticed that it wouldn't move when I applied just a little throttle. I don't want to rev too much because I am doing my first break in tank. I took the gear cover off and they wont spin when I give throttle, but when the truck is off, I can move the gears by hand and the truck moves with it. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Haroldbee

I just started the chimera today for break in. Started fine but noticed that it wouldn't move when I applied just a little throttle. I don't want to rev too much because I am doing my first break in tank. I took the gear cover off and they wont spin when I give throttle, but when the truck is off, I can move the gears by hand and the truck moves with it. Any ideas on what the issue might be?
That MAY be, because your clutch bell is spinning but not engaging the cluster gears, and subsequently, the drive to the wheels. If you turn the spur gear by hand, and the wheels are moving, that's good. Next: turn the gear-cluster under the gear cover. If the wheels are moving, then that's good again. Next: turn the clutch bell by hand; if the cluster-gears do not move, the problem is at that nut directly on the clutch bell shaft. TIGHTEN IT, AFTER SOME BLUE LOCKTITE. After that your gears should turn when the clutchbell turns. That MAY be the fix.

Thwmathue

I'm going to recommend you finish breaking in the engine. I'm thinking you may not be getting the rpm's high enough to engage the clutch. The clutch don't inguage till around 6000 rpm's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts