• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First MT Project

Just_Gerald

Well, took it out of the box last night, dropped it on the ground and it bounced right back up into my hands! so took the shocks apart and found missing c-clips...

started pulling baja parts out, the rod end threads right in to redcat bodies, shafts are a tad too long but I have hyper adjust!!

So next step is to make new taller stock towers and put rear baja shocks all the way around, even more articulation. I love this truck already...

I'd like to start it up but it's already in peices getting a ESP30.5, baja shocks, tuned pipe (not sure if it's gonna be just an HPI (easy) or a rear dom)

Oh well back to work...

GeneralG

The shock tower will need to make the baja shocks stand more up right. Already tried to install front Baja shocks on the Redcat buggy, but the bottom of the shock spring retainer will hit the a-arm when the shock is at the extreme angle...

Just_Gerald

Yeah, that would explain why the rod ends on the redcat are so long., I'll have to make custom retainers. Or i guess there wouldn't be an issue with vertical shocks.just make the brace wider, or even a turtle brace type idea. to bolt to the top, I'll check that tonight, a turtle brace with new holes might do it!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.