• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First batch of hop ups arrived!

lancier

O.k forum, as i aint resident in the U.S, a friend of mine had to make the purchases and personally bring the stuff down to me here in Nigeria!Here is a list of my first set of upgrades:

1. Futaba T3PM-2.4GHz FASST 3CH Transmitter and Receiver (R603FF).

2. DarkSoul-RamTech Extended Axle kit for Rampage Rims.

3. 6 Volt 5000mah Hump Pack battery for Redcat Rampage.

4. HPI Shockwears-'Yellow Skull'

5. Outerwears Pull Start Cover-Yellow

6. Outerwears Pre-filter- Yellow

7. Venom Battery Monitor

8. HPI High Response Clutch Shoe/Spring Set (8000RPM/RED)

9. HPI C Clip 3mm HD

and some McCoy MC-59 Hot glow plugs for my Revo 3.3(Bought it last year but was never able to get the truck started due to unavailablity of nitromethane in my country. Trying to use FAI fuel though. Hopefully, the hotter plug should be able to due some magic.)

My next set of orders will be for:

1. Asgard Pre painted body.

2. Hitec servos HS-5745, HS-645 for steering and trottle.

3.Aluminium gear plate, shocks, arms etc.

4. hey, i'm thinking of putting up a led light set up on the truck..any ideas:confused:

In transit:

1. A Redcat Rampage MT5 (I however have christened my the Lancier Brute Force MT5) To reflect the African market! :D

2. Coming Pre-installed with a tuned pipe and wait for it...a 28cc engine! :cool:

Well that it for now.Any additional suggestions on upgrades will be apprciated. Now lets see if i can put some pics....forgive me ig they come out too small.

Shiny

Will you can drill small holes on the body where the light desil is and glow them. Did that ones, I used Tamyah light lite set with the controller. Thy have wight red and amber.

M

magnum57

Awesome, ur going to have blast with the MT5. ur upgrades will make that rig a beast. nice to have a pipe and bigger motor in the rtr set up. save alot of work. u have a great friend for bringing all that stuff to you. enjoy the hobby. did you get ur nitro going???

lancier

Shiny said:
Will you can drill small holes on the body where the light desil is and glow them. Did that ones, I used Tamyah light lite set with the controller. Thy have wight red and amber.
Thanks for the tip Shiny. It would not be easy installing the led light like the baja. I will be running the truck mostly in the evenings and would just love to see the truck tearing down the track shinning like a christmas tree. Have any pics with a similar light set up?

lancier

kun114 said:
Sounds like you're off to a god start.
Man!!! those are some small pictures.
Thanks Kun144. I'm trying to stock up on upgrades now 'cos if any break happens, there aint no hobby shops here i can just breeze into to get replacement parts. International shipping/custom duties/long delays/extra prices/big dent on the wallet...all the pains i gotta endure to enjoy the hobby.Its an addiction! :D

lancier

magnum57 said:
Awesome, ur going to have blast with the MT5. ur upgrades will make that rig a beast. nice to have a pipe and bigger motor in the rtr set up. save alot of work. u have a great friend for bringing all that stuff to you. enjoy the hobby. did you get ur nitro going???
Thanks Magnum. I'm a newbie to Large scale cars but i've been doing quite a lot of research and decieded a good hopped up RTR will do me good than a kit. Yea...my friend..is the Man!Lucky me he was coming into the country on business. Saved some quid on shipping costs. On the nitro, will make an attepmt at ignition this coming weekend. Wish me luck! :)

lancier

O.k Forum. I've worked on the pics a bit. The first batch of hop ups for my coming MT. Got the goodies from Rampagehopups, Largescalerc and HobbytownUSA.

Axle Extentenders.jpg

Futaba 3PM 1.jpg

Futaba 3PM 2.jpg

Outerwearsbat5000mah.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/583c60538c1a3_AxleExtentenders.jpg.5f0b286cb0ebfba8c0df183b7ecde5f1.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/583c60538d145_Futaba3PM1.jpg.7440949d127879da3d472a1afb734f21.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/583c60538e022_Futaba3PM2.jpg.0efb523c29b6c1a243a166fa61108579.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/Outerwearsbat5000mah.jpg.674f522cb37612358599f7997b3c34db.jpg

kun114

When you resize your pics, set them for 640x480

That makes them a decent size, but these are much better than the first ones.

Good batch of hopups there. Let us know how you like the radio.

I might pick one of those up, so I don't have to run both of my 1/5 scales from my 3PK.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts