• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First bashing

Csabourin01

So this is my first post but I have been surfing the forum for a few months now. And is Chris and I'm from upstate NY. Picked up the rampage mt on,black Friday and instantly started on the forum. I installed a super bee kill switch by Killer rc as well as replaced the servos with Hitec 5685 and 5765 servos. I also replaced the receiver and transmitter with a futaba 3pv set up in order to use a Venom 2s lipo battery. If it was not for this forum I would have had a much more difficult time deciding which components to use etc.

So thanks!

Last edited:

Csabourin01

Wow. No response in over 2 months. well i have had response with this truck! i have bashed several times through the snow and just this past weekend spent about three hours at a local park getting muddy. I recently added a TGN intake with an outwear cover as well as a tuned pipe. Its certainly loud now. Maybe too loud but runs well. i have also changed out the Hitec 5685 throttle servo too a waterproof Hitec throttle servo with the same specs. I also placed a piece of fuel line on the brake linkage to replace the spring. Definitely an improvement. But it stripped the the teeth on the servo horn(plastic) resulting in me ordering a new aluminum horn through DDM. I tried the Redcat aluminum up grade horn and it was a complete waste. I also ordered the outerwear for the pull start. After bashing this weekend and getting really nasty, wet, and muddy I found a lot of debris inside. Those debris found their way into my throttle shaft on the carburetor too, so next Ill be replacing that with a DDM sealed Walboro 990.

Until next entry...

Phill

Wow. No response in over 2 months. well i have had response with this truck! i have bashed several times through the snow and just this past weekend spent about three hours at a local park getting muddy. I recently added a TGN intake with an outwear cover as well as a tuned pipe. Its certainly loud now. Maybe too loud but runs well. i have also changed out the Hitec 5685 throttle servo too a waterproof Hitec throttle servo with the same specs. I also placed a piece of fuel line on the brake linkage to replace the spring. Definitely an improvement. But it stripped the the teeth on the servo horn(plastic) resulting in me ordering a new aluminum horn through DDM. I tried the Redcat aluminum up grade horn and it was a complete waste. I also ordered the outerwear for the pull start. After bashing this weekend and getting really nasty, wet, and muddy I found a lot of debris inside. Those debris found their way into my throttle shaft on the carburetor too, so next Ill be replacing that with a DDM sealed Walboro 990.

Until next entry...

G'day Mate and welcome
Sounds like you've done all the right things
Happy bashing

Dusty

I’m a new my owner as well and just to give you an idea of how new , I haven’t even started my break in yet lol . Are you still running the dual steering or did you convert to single when you changed up to lipo . I’m planning on running g factory tell they burn out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.