• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FG Baja Wheels/Tires on a XB-E

Vision

Ok I took a pic of the hub -

hub.jpg

If I understand you correctly wouldn't I loose alot of strength if grind of all the threaded area and then tap it ?. I'm planning to eventually make this thing hit 70+ mph. So I'm a bit nervous.

Yeah for me without those tools it sounds like a lot of work. I think most likely I'm going to have to go the baja adapter route :(

ImminentFailure

Yea, it takes some time for the custom adaption. Do you want FG for the weight, style, or do you have an FG car? Takes some time, and tools to do proper.

The lazy man way to to cut off some of the wheel back at the drive stem, but you can see the epic amounts of fail that could bring. Running all fronts badlands or hostiles seems to work well. If you are saving on weight, pro-line wheels are the heaviest IIRC. http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8172/.f plus their silver back HD lipped beadlocks make a lighter combo.

Personally if I went the manufacturing route, I would take a blank the same OD as the ID of the wheel, and turn down one end on a lathe, and thread it to be received into the tapped out hole I make on the existing axle. I'd drill and tap as deep as I could on the existing axle. Then I would thread the exposed end sticking out of the wheel to accept a hex nut.

IMG-20111228-00191.jpg

Vision

Well I'm trying to setup the xb-e for a high speed oval race track. With my other onroad car I can hit 80mph on the straights of this track. I'd like the xb-e to hit 70 ish if possible. The fg wheels/tires are light in weight, belted and can handle high speed with no ballooning issues.

So now I'm gonna be running all front grp baja on road tires.

Sounds like you have the capabilities to manufacturer these :)

bigblkblazin

If you could find some complete rampage rally cvd's, remove the stub axels from them and use them with the xb-e drive shafts You would be golden . I will tell you guys how it works the rally is going to the chop shop.

bigblkblazin

If you could find some complete rampage rally cvd's, remove the stub axels from them and use them with the xb-e drive shafts You would be golden . I will tell you guys how it works the rally is going to the chop shop.

Gaz

Question for RCDAD,

Are your wheels FG polished aluminum or plastic? If so, where did you get them. Also nice rear wing, Metal? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Those are aluminum. I bought them off of obeast44. He is a member here. I extended the threads by welding more threaded stock to the axles. Those wheels would not bolt up to the factory axles. The threads were about 10mm to short.

G

The wing is metal also. It is designed for the Baja.

G

k.jensen said:
lol u all still fighting with this??? why extend the axels? all you have to do is to drill the centerhole in the FG-wheels up to 9.5/10 mm and use a set of nutserts with a lockdiscit's really easy takes about 2 minutes to make a pair of fg wheels fit the XB/XB-e's

see my topic.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=7870
I looked and looked and was never able to find an insert nut that would fit the 10mm axles.

G

The threads are not long enough to come through to the outside of the wheel. You can use an insert nut. Some have drilled out their wheels to countersink the nut.

Dr_T

Sorry for necrobump, but did anyone ever try if FG axles would work (could use a 8->10mm sleeve to make them fit the bearings) to mount the FG type wheels, instead of using nutserts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.