Few more changes to the Rampage MT

Phill

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,917
Likes
50
Location
Yeppoon QLD Au
#5
The Zen is a 4 bolt and made in Japan rather than China.

Individual choice but IMO a much better motor all round
 

Ice_2k

Senior Member
Messages
1,382
Likes
3
#7
Few more changes to the Rampage MT

Phill said:
The Zen is a 4 bolt and made in Japan rather than China.Individual choice but IMO a much better motor all round
The point was about changing it, not choosing between the two :) If you already have the HY I'm guessing you need to have some issues with it to swap it with a 29cc Zenoah.

Personally, I'm as happy as I could be with the 32cc HY. I've had no issues whatsoever with it and after adding the jetpro, it's got more power than the tires can handle, in any situation. I don't doubt the superior quality of the Zenoah equivalent (G320RC?) but I can't imagine changing it just for the sake of changing it, hence my initial question :)
 

Phill

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,917
Likes
50
Location
Yeppoon QLD Au
#8
Ice_2k said:
The point was about changing it, not choosing between the two :) If you already have the HY I'm guessing you need to have some issues with it to swap it with a 29cc Zenoah. Personally, I'm as happy as I could be with the 32cc HY. I've had no issues whatsoever with it and after adding the jetpro, it's got more power than the tires can handle, in any situation. I don't doubt the superior quality of the Zenoah equivalent (G320RC?) but I can't imagine changing it just for the sake of changing it, hence my initial question :)
I don't know about the 32cc as it's a new design but the 30.5s used to blow gaskets all the time.

The biggest advantage of the 4 bolt is being able to tension the head more evenly

The fact that yours hasn't blown one yet tells me something has been changed.

The 29cc is the same as far as too much power for the tyres goes and I'm only running a 6k clutch.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

Senior Member
Messages
1,382
Likes
3
#9
well, redcat eventually also released a 4 bolt version, so I'm guessing the 2 bolt still isn't 100% bulletproof :) If my engine is gonna start acting up, I'm definetely gonna go for a Zenoah. Not sure if it will be a stock Zenoah or an OBR-improved one :)
 

Phill

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,917
Likes
50
Location
Yeppoon QLD Au
#10
Ice_2k said:
well, redcat eventually also released a 4 bolt version, so I'm guessing the 2 bolt still isn't 100% bulletproof :) If my engine is gonna start acting up, I'm definetely gonna go for a Zenoah. Not sure if it will be a stock Zenoah or an OBR-improved one :)
If the HY is going OK no need to change it but I agree that if it gives probs upgrade
 

Ildy666

Senior Member
Messages
2,335
Likes
0
Location
Haskell NJ
#11
Phill said:
I don't know about the 32cc as it's a new design but the 30.5s used to blow gaskets all the time.The biggest advantage of the 4 bolt is being able to tension the head more evenly

The fact that yours hasn't blown one yet tells me something has been changed.

The 29cc is the same as far as too much power for the tyres goes and I'm only running a 6k clutch.[/quote+2 on that mine blew out every run what a pain in the ass.so a 4 bolt zen full modded at gizmo's did the trick.and I take a 4 bolt zen over a 2 bolt Cy any day 32cc or not...
 

Wicked

Senior Member
Messages
170
Likes
0
Location
North Bay, ON
Thread starter #12
I wasn't happy with the HY motor. It wasn't reliable. It would run great one day, but the next it would not run or idle good at all. It was really weird. One of the most important things I want in a engine is reliability. I run the 29CC Zenoahs in all my trucks for that reason.
 

Phill

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,917
Likes
50
Location
Yeppoon QLD Au
#15
I wasn't happy with the HY motor. It wasn't reliable. It would run great one day' date=' but the next it would not run or idle good at all. It was really weird. One of the most important things I want in a engine is reliability. I run the 29CC Zenoahs in all my trucks for that reason.[/quote']Me too

The 29 seems to rev higher than the 32
 

dalentx

Junior Member
Messages
51
Likes
1
#17
Changed the stock HY motor to a Zenoah 29CC. I also changed the air filter to a DT1 triple.


Short video of the break in.


I also created a face book group for Redcat gasser owners.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/1465026383793500/
curious on your truck...why are you running your truck without the gear cover covering the gears up...what purpose does that serve...looks to me like your asking for trouble doing that...just curious
 
Top