• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fastest stock 1/5 gas redkitty?

R_A_Machine

This may have already been answered somewhere on here I just can't find it. I have a dune runner and an xt so between those my xt wins bit it is far from stock I am told.(got it used) my neighbor wants to get a redcat but wants the fastest one he can get. So to be clear this would be between xt, xb , mt, or dune. Any info would help him thanks

Deluge

The X Series vehicles are lighter, so they're faster. But you need to throw some coin at them to make them durable. The MT and DR are a bit heavier, so they're not as fast. But you don't need to dump a lot of cash into them. They're pretty durable out of the box. So it depends on how much he's willing to put into it.

Guantanamo Joe

Get the dune runner... swap out the first two gears (trade their places) and you will be at a pretty impressive top speed right there out of the box. However, it is on a long run that you will get this top speed until you upgrade the exhaust. The stock muffler does not allow it to just jump off the line. It will take about 30 yards to get the engine into "screaming" mode.

R_A_Machine

Yah I was thinking dune runner as well but he wasn't impressed with mine, I will swap the gears and let him try it again.

R_A_Machine

Well I may regret it but I sold him my dr and he ordered a pipe with the money he saved, and that puts me a big step in the right direction toward a new MT!!!! God I hate that I still want one so bad! I just think they look so bad A$$!

delta_kilo

I'm happy with the speed of my Dunerunner after carb and tune pipe upgrades. This thing is a beast when it comes to handling big jumps 10' or so flipping it end over end and so on. Full speed runs and I have never (knock on wood) broken anything other than the cheap body and a tune pipe mounting bolt that was going to break anyway with how I had it mounted. So if you want to do jumps and bash and not worry about breaking anything important a Dunerunner would be my vote. Oh and get a 8K clutch.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrEvo

I was running at a track a few days ago and getting alot of flack from the other racers over the fact of me being the only RedCat There . I have the XSC and after running faster laps than the rest of the Losi 5t and HPI 5t owners .I got asked alot of questions about price and durability,and where to buy 1. since im a RED CAT DEALER i pointed them in my shops direction. it always gets me how the guys that follow the pack change their minds as soon as you beat them on the track.

redthomas

Grab a desert rat for the xsc. Wow dose that make it a nice looking truck..I have pics of mine in my album. As great as it was to drive, that ugly ass body kept mine from getting any drive time..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online