• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fan shroud/Velocity Stack/Cold Air Intake

Aundre3000

Is a fan shroud aftermarket or do they come on the redcat tt?

What is a velocity stack and do you get a gain in hp?

Do you all think I would see a gain in hp by moving the air filter up front/higher for cooler and cleaner air?

DemonRC

Is a fan shroud aftermarket or do they come on the redcat tt?

Your TT comes with a cast aluminum fan shroud/fan cover. They also sell aftermarket ones made from billet aluminum.

What is a velocity stack and do you get a gain in hp?

A velocity stack is the piece which couples the air filter to the carb. They get their name because they were originally used to narrow the opening to/from the carb. When the same amount of air is flowing through a smaller opening the "velocity" of it will increase. Just think if it like blowing through a water hose and then blowing through a straw. Which one will have the highest air velocity? There is a fine line where the performance increase of higher velocity is negated by the smaller opening decreasing the amount of CFM's that can flow through that small opening. I don't think any of the "velocity" stacks out there are actual velocity stacks. They are just a fancy named air filter mount.

Do you all think I would see a gain in hp by moving the air filter up front/higher for cooler and cleaner air?

No, but it sure makes it easy to maintain it and keep the throttle horn from binding on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts