• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

factory xb rear gear box mod

sunoco

got around to doing this - my stock rear gear box has 90wt gear oil in it. The lower gear box mating surfaces were high- not flush- surface plate & careful sanding with 100 grit sandpaper flushed them up. lightly roughed up outer bearing surfaces & where input & output bearings rest in case. set these in place with thin film of Devcon 2,500 psi epoxy. applied neat thin film of Permatex Moto seal to case halfs- tightened up gear box cases. let it set several days.-- added a fill hole to diff case. Applied a thin film of Moto-seal to bottom of diff case- Screwed gear box to chassis- let it set a few days.-- I added just enough gear oil to fill the recessed area on the chassis- plus about 4mm above that. Will it leak ? YES.- only where the pinion & output shafts meet the bearings. very little i suspect. I am guessing the trick is-- just enough gear oil--- and while i was at it- cleaned up the diff- new o-rings- 30 k silicone added,-- yup its 30k all right-- i always back off the throttle for a second as i set up a turn.--

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts