• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

F290 Upgrade

bbuzzard

Contributor
Does a CY F290 sound like a good upgrade vs. a Zen? I see there are issues with the Zen clutch housing mount position. Any input is appreciated...

chevy

I seen the f270 & f290 motors but in not familiar with them, the zen I have had, the clutch on the zen motor can be switched out to a cy clutch and also the fan shroud needs to be switched to a cy fan housing the zen has diffrent mounting clearances than the cy that will allow the motor to bolt in no drilling/ notching

Last edited by a moderator:

bbuzzard

Contributor
I have seen the dyno specs on the F290 and they look impressive...I had one but sold it new. This may be a viable option without mods.

camo

Just used the stock HY clutch housing on the Zenoah and you wont have any issues, just don't use the Zen stock clutch housing.

Demon and I load up some pics and discuss the issues we've had on some thread on this forum but I can't remember which one it is lol.

chevy

Just used the stock HY clutch housing on the Zenoah and you wont have any issues, just don't use the Zen stock clutch housing.
Demon and I load up some pics and discuss the issues we've had on some thread on this forum but I can't remember which one it is lol.
ohhh man i think i remeber that, wasnt that a billet housing, when i seen that i was alittle shocked.

bbuzzard

Contributor
My bad...I was asking about the F270 which is a CY...I thought the clutch housing problem was with Zenoahs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts