• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust Options?

307_Proud

Im guessing everyone is going to tell me to go for the Jet Pro!? Due to the price, Im looking at the Redcat tuned pipe, how is the performance versus the two? I like the fact that the Redcat is rear exhaust, Do any of you guys with the Jet Pro have any issues with a mess from the side exit? Or fitment issues?

designed2survive

Jetpro, sorry! Wish there were other options worth mentioning but the honest truth is you can spend $60 now on a different pipe, but that is $60 closer to the jetpro pipe. Save up, get it and be done.

Ice_2k

Aside from the difference in power, the standard tuned pipe is aluminium, not steel, and will eventually melt

phreerider

1st ,call Dino ask, you never know. be reasonable you want power ? and indeed worth it !

a cpi used pipe flashup here somewhere for 50-60$ a day ago looked like ebay, way better than stock!

there are others but even more $$$

Phill

My alloy one melted and snapped on the first tank

Using Jetpro now and cant fault it

Wayne

The stock pipe on the XB will QUICKLY melt. The one I had did not last a full tank either. I currently have two Rampages and use Jet Pro pipes on both, one side exhaust and the other rear exhaust. I think the Jet Pro rear exhaust gives the best performance. I can not say for sure because I have different engines, transmissions, and tires on my vehicles. I was told the side exhaust pipe gives better low end torque (acceleration) and the rear exhaust gives higher RPM (top speed). I have not tried any other exhaust but Jet Pro is good and their customer service is good. The Jet Pro pipes are well built and extremely durable but I managed to crash and crack one of my pipes. Jet Pro repaired it for free. I am definitely a happy customer that supports Jet Pro.

GCraig

307_Proud said:
Im guessing everyone is going to tell me to go for the Jet Pro!? Due to the price, Im looking at the Redcat tuned pipe, how is the performance versus the two? I like the fact that the Redcat is rear exhaust, Do any of you guys with the Jet Pro have any issues with a mess from the side exit? Or fitment issues?
I use a cat box with the 6" extensions on my Rampage MT Pro V3 Monster Truck.

designed2survive

Wayne said:
...I was told the side exhaust pipe gives better low end torque (acceleration) and the rear exhaust gives higher RPM (top speed). ...
Other way around.

307_Proud

Ive thought of the CatBox as well. It just looks too much like a nice version of the can muffler that comes stock? Is there and performance gains?

bigcat

I use JetPro

Hello i use JetPro because there the best pipe on the market for my MT5 ...They R a super great pipe company just call them and Dino will be happy to fill your needs you can talk to Dino direct he has helped me out a ton...my MT5 is way faster now with my JetPro pipe. And i have tried many steel pipes in the past i like the JetPro the best..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts