• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

exhaust leaking gas/oil.

fattyp64

How do I know if I'm getting spark on my mt. I can't get it started. I've tried most things that are suggested on here. Also I have a ddm pipe and when I flipped it upside over to drain the engine a bunch of oil/fuel came out of the exhaust. Opened the little screw on the bottom of pipe and a bunch more come out? What did I do? I assume that's not normal. Please help.

Dreggsta

actually, i do assume that to be normal as that smoke coming from the exhaust is in fact burnt oil. that screw is so you can dain the oil that collects in the pipe.

as for getting the engine started, what are you doing? what procedure are you using?

fattyp64

Choke, prime and pull and pull and pull. I actually have a blister. New plug, new intake gaskets, right now I drained all the old fuel, couple months old with cheap oil, and I'm letting it dry out. Will get new fuel with klotz oil on Mon. How do I know if I getting a spark?

cordy

Touch the plug to the head and when you pull you should see a blue spark.Check that your coil did not come loose.Set the gap of the coil with a business card between the coil and the flywheel.Hope this helps.

G

These engines can be easy to flood.

If your plug looks even a little wet, the engine is flooded. If its wet, leave the plug out for at least an hour to dry out the cylinder.

-Make sure you have a good plug. (NGK)

-Make sure your carb is at the base settings.

-Never more than a couple of pulls with the choke on, even if it doesn't pop.

-Turn choke off and it should start in a couple pulls.

fattyp64

Ya I have ngk from ddm. It was a little wet. It open now and I will get new gas on Mon. Reset my Carb settings to factory. How many times should I prime it? Thanks guys

Dreggsta

Try using a small plastic bag enclosing the filter & seal it off. Prime it, pull it a couple times & it should pop off. Remove the bag & it's that easy for me. I'm running 87 octane w/10% ethanol mix & WalMart oil w/ngk plug.

G

Dreggsta said:
Try using a small plastic bag enclosing the filter & seal it off. Prime it, pull it a couple times & it should pop off. Remove the bag & it's that easy for me. I'm running 87 octane w/10% ethanol mix & WalMart oil w/ngk plug.
He has a choke. ;)

Dreggsta

Yes sir, I know, my son's does too. I use a bag on his too & find it a lot simpler & easier to start. I have a 990, his is stock. His starts just as easy as mine.

Dreggsta

The bag I use is a parts bag that fully encases my dt1's but is not much bigger. I kept some parts bags which isn't much bigger than the filter. I'll make a vid or try if i have too.

Dreggsta

Negative. I don't even touch his choke anymore. Slide the bag on the filter, seal it off w/one hand, prime the bulb w/the other & pull the cord. Takes no more than 3 or 4 pulls & it starts w/the filter choked off in the bag. Remove the bag & go. My hands don't move anywhere else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts