Exhaust gasket loosening bolts....

Petrolheadz100

Petrolheadz100

Noticed my screws keep getting loose on the exhaust because the stock gasket that comes with the tuned pipe isnt sealing, vibration breaks bolts loose. Any suggestions on using the DDM graphite gaskets or silicone red rtv gasket maker?

T

Thwmathue

The best recommendation I can give is very so often give the exhaust bolts a grunt. Locktite won't work as it gets to hot. Just bring it in and check the bolts

Petrolheadz100

Petrolheadz100

isn't it better to use some silicone RTV instead of the gaskets because the gaskets seem to burn down overtime and calls the bolts to get loose? Anyone usimg rtv on these eshausts hat can share experience....

sunoco

sunoco

silicone sealant is pretty much no account. useless. but, thats just my opinion. As much as i dislike the stuff, red lok-tite will hold. Best thing to do-- agan, my opinion- buy up the graphite coated stainless steel exhaust gaskets & exhaust studs with included bolts from DDM. About one drop of red lok-tite applied with a toothpick 1/2 way into the holes where the exhaust studs are threaded into the head. A faster, cheaper way?? go to a good hardware store- ace hardware comes to mind-- Ask the store person where the metric studs are-- get the nuts there also-- buy 4. seat the first 2, then lightly jam the 2nd 2 onto the first nuts.-- problem over.

sunoco

sunoco

all RTV means -- Ready To Vulcanize. a selling point.

Petrolheadz100

Petrolheadz100

My friend uses it on his airplanes exhaust says it works great , i was looking into those from DDM graphite gaskets. Will those work by themselves without the thought of the bolts coming loose from vibration?

Painlesstom

Painlesstom

I just got back into trucks and picked up a Rampage MT V3. New to these, but not to 2 strokes in the RC world. Have been hanging out on the aviation side for many years flying giant scale gas planes, largest is 40% 170cc. All the serious builders ditch muffler gaskets and use red RTV with red loctite on the bolts. Let that cure for 24 hours and it will hold up for a good 200 flights in my experience. I have a dozen planes I've built and fly regularly so I trust the method. Just put a tuned pipe on my MT so time will tell if it will work on the ground too.

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts