• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

exhaust bleed

cordy

What is the advantage of a double bleed exhaust compared to a single bleed exhaust if any?

G

I'm no export for sure, but this is what I've learned. The bleed needs to be smaller then the expansion chamber. The expansion chamber is suppose to create a frequency that helps pull the exhaust from the motor. I kinda think it is more for the cool factor. I have never seen any one advertise any fact to support performance. If there was any gain then why wouldn't all pipes have dual bleeds????

alfred e numan

dual bleed pipes

I am no expert either but a uneducated guess - I think that the builders are attempting to exit the exhaust at places the echo- is strongest at various rpm s. Kinda like a antenna that is resonant at 2 diffrent frequinces- where reactance crosses zero. kinda odd comparison that only a ham can understand i suppose.

G

Could be??? Sounds good anyway. On the rear mount dual bleed Jetpro both bleeds are right next to each other at the end of the expansion chamber. Not sure if it could work on that pipe. But wtf do I know? Not much in pipe design that I know. LOL

alfred e numan

yes sir!

cordy said:
Alfred e numan are you a ham? I am n9wd.
Yep-- Kilo-Delta-7-foxtrot-Julit-Bravo. poor spelling but can vocal the correct phonetics, - How bout the solar events as of late? I missed the big Auroa event last week- hit the hay early. I go to solar ham. com first thing in the morning- Have a MFJ -259-B - Copper is so costly- Its put a damper on low bands- but 2 meters- I build beams from brazing rod-pvc pipe- coaxal balun- toss it in the truck and find a open mountian top- simplex-146.520. Also get a kick outta DX ing 10 meter beacons-- beams- 1 to 3 element half squares. ect. The internet is nice- but theres nothing like solar propagation.

cordy

Ok I am running ten-tec,orion 2, jupiter, a beam for 10,15 and 20,a cobra inverted vee,and a mfj 43 foot verticle with 30 radials. I havent been on for a while since I have been messing with the xb ect.This is what I have found out.The end bleed is for mid to top end and middle bleed is for torque to mid range. So I would assume a pipe with two bleeders would be good for the whole power band.

Last edited by a moderator:

cordy

This is also what I found out on a duel bleed pipe. Plugging the end bleed the pipe becomes a low to mid range pipe,plugging the middel bleeder the pipe becomes a top end pipe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts