• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

EVEN THE ENGINE THAT CAME BACK, IS NOT GOOD!

Haroldbee

I bought a brand new RedCat Rampage from the Rampage shop, and the engine never started, out of the box. I am manual-oriented, and so followed EVERY priming, choking, and starting procedure to the letter. It didn't start. Rob from the Rampage shopen sent me a very thorough troubleshooting document from this forum: followed it step-by-step. The engine didn't start. I took it to my local hobby shop where my hobby guy has a ton of expertise on fifth scale engines. He couldn't start it, so he did his analysis, and he found the coil defective and fixed it. Changed the carb. Reset the carb. It didn't start. He cHecker the compression and found it too low--way, way below 110 PSI. At that point, he advised me to return it to RedCat Racing. I did. They made some fixes, sent it back, the engine ran for approximately 30 minutes, and refused to restart after that. He advised me to take it to a small-engine shop. Of course I knew of none. So, I brought my investment of $600 home, went on line, and ordered a new Zenoah engine. I guess I was just unlucky. Oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts