• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ethanol damage ??

Petrolheadz100

Wondering if using pump gas 10% claim ethanol will damage some components of the engine over time, fuel lines etc...... what should start to give first? ANY ethanol related experience you can share?

sunoco

Wondering if using pump gas 10% claim ethanol will damage some components of the engine over time, fuel lines etc...... what should start to give first? ANY ethanol related experience you can share?
Go visit a small engine repair shop, or a dirt bike dealer. They usually have pistons, other parts displayed in there sales area for all to look at. In fact, even in a full sized automobile-4 stroke, many brands have said that if 15% is mandated and the owner runs it-- the new car warranty is null & void. This pretty much sums things up.

TeamMachine

Isnt there an additive you can put in the gas to give better protection against that sort of stuff? I bought some Enyme Fuel treatment but Im not sure if that only preserves the gas longer... I believe I can keep gas in the can and use it up to two years with that treatment.

Petrolheadz100

Yes that is true I use the Lucas ethanol Safeguard does the same thing protects against ethanol corrosion but really in these small tanks you can only make such a small amount that you wonder if it's really going to do a difference but it's better to use it with this ethanol fuel nowadays

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.