• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine upgrade help....

Cloach1

Thanks in advance.....

I'm having engine overload. I'm looking at either getting a top half or a long block but there is a million different combinations and companies and not sure which to get. I'm looking for

more torque since I have a MT. I'm currently running stock 30.5. I would also like a little more top end but torque is primary.

I have the following upgrades.

-pipe

-aluminum fr spindles and fr and rear uprights

-aluminum roll cage

-813 carb

-DT1 (triple) filter with outerwear

I'm looking at possibly upgrading to a two speed as well to help out.

I'm a basher with a lot of nitro monster experience and like a hotter motor.

Once again, thank you!

Silent_chaos

Those three above options are worth looking into. Specially the first option's 3 links combo. Its trevor simpson

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloach1

Silent_chaos said:
Thanks Chaos! I'm kinda liking the 320. Maybe +2 crank when they are available.

Silent_chaos

Cloach1 said:
Thanks Chaos! I'm kinda liking the 320. Maybe +2 crank when they are available.
Yeah. I guess they're good.

Couple of months later, most of the guys like OBR and TS are gona start porting that too.

If you live in the US you can get that engine and send it to OBR. In the next coming months they're gona upgrade the hell out of that engine. Trust me.

Silent_chaos

Note that, if you are into bigger engines and have the cash, you can always go for 50cc or even better 70cc.

They cost like 1500+ but worth looking into. 50cc just screams and always hungry for more throttle. You can spot the difference with the usual 8-9bhp engines vs the 50cc (bzm 50cc). Difference is huge since it's 15bhp

Check the vid, the 2nd white losi truck

However the 70cc has 18bhp

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts