• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine suddently wont start after a JetPro pipe install any idea's?

wildstallion

Hi All,

Firstly thanks in advance for any advice you could give on the matter. I have a Chimera which I have only had maybe 2 3 tanks of fuel on. Its been as good as gold started perfect every time.

However I installed a JetPro pipe on it and now it wont start. They provided a crummy blue cardboard gasket which I hope is suitable? I did the bolts down as hard as I could. Strange thing is I would have imagined I would have flooded it the amount of times I pulled the cord but there was no sign of hydrolock. Do you get hydrolock with gas cars like nitro? Any ideas where you think I most probably screwed up would be appreciated.

RampageHopUps

No hydrolock, only blisters on your fingers.

Take off the sparkplug and pull a few times with the car upside down.

You will need to re-tune after a pipe, you may have to lean it out 1/8 of a turn.

wildstallion

Thanks for the advice mate, I will get the wife to help me hold it upside-down tomorrow :)

Could it be so far out of tune that it would not start? I will swap over the plug tomorrow with a known working one from my Rovan also.

designed2survive

With the jetpro I had to go 1 on the LSN (990 carb) to get it started. Ended up at less than 1 when tuned. Every engine is different though, keep that in mind.

Dongskie

I had the same experience after installing a chrome steel tuned pipe, then I saw rampagehopups suggestion.

My fine tune went well after closing 1/4 LSN but I have not tested HSN yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts