• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine mods

Bncoelho17

Hey guys can you tell me the pros and cons of putting a new top end on my MT motor will I get more power less power idk I just recentley saw them online and wanted to know if it's worth it

designed2survive

Bncoelho17 said:
Hey guys can you tell me the pros and cons of putting a new top end on my MT motor will I get more power less power idk I just recentley saw them online and wanted to know if it's worth it
Pros: depending on what top end you get, you'll get more power.

Cons: depending on what top end you get, you'll get less power.

It all depends on the engine you have right now. It also depends on how comfy you are about swapping top ends and if it's worth doing it on an engine that is fine.

j_cifelli

get a obr top end kit for the classic cy 2 bolt engines and you will get a noticeable power increase. assuming your running the stock mt engine currently

phreerider

stock hy with modified topend is a tidy bang for the buck. from stock assuming around +/-3hp can result around 40-50% increase, assuming fuel mix is good, good carb/pipe combo and tuned within reason

the cons are---> you will run it harder and everything that goes with that situation..and life span about 1/3 less than stock maybe even shorter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online