• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine makes a poping noise

teedog12

Hi guys have a little problem engine pops when I give it the gas leaned the low & high needles an 1/8 thinking it was to rich only have about a tank ran through it any ideas? Thanks

teedog12

Turns out spark plug got loose. Speaking of plugs what is the replacement for this its suppose to be a 30 engine I checked but its an of brand (china I guess) the no. on it is INT H-CMR5 any ideas. thanks again for all your help

REVOlutionary Rampage

I run a NGK CMR7h in my MT's 26cc engine. I've never had a problem so far with that plug. In the manual for my engine it has the 25cc,26 and 30. I'd assume the NGK would work with the 30cc it sight unseen. The 30cc looks to be mechanically the same engine just with a bigger piston.

Ffdfiretruck

I run the cmr7h in my 29cc zenoah. I picked up a spare from the local parts store for $3.29 (I think it was that much) I know the gas octane can cause ping if it's too low, I only run premium, for 2 reasons: 1- the octane rating, 2- it's the only way to be ethanol free in MO. The ethanol has dissolved the fuel lines in the leafblower and the weedeater at work so I'm not running it.

teedog12

it was a popping almost a back fire noise coming from the exhaust ,after this gallons gone I switch to 93 octane, do you guys ever use Stay Bill fuel saver?

foxys

I never over buy fuel. Usually 1 gal at a time, and I use that within a week or two, so no need for Stabil.

Ffdfiretruck

Another thing I though about buying premium gas, if you only buy 1 gallon at a time you should buy 2. Put the first in your daily driver and the second in your mix tank. Otherwise you just paid premium price for the cheap gas left in the hose from the guy before you.

DustyR3825

Banned
teedog12 said:
Hi guys have a little problem engine pops when I give it the gas leaned the low & high needles an 1/8 thinking it was to rich only have about a tank ran through it any ideas? Thanks
When does your engine pop? When you are reaching full RPM's??

Deluge

I'd take it apart and clean it thoroughly. You'll need new gaskets, obviously. Or you could just buy a new carb. If you're running a Walbro knockoff, you'll want to upgrade anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.