• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine Issues

smokinzoltar

I've got spark,and fuel. Not sure what else to try! Going to change my other fuel line and remove the in line filter... Here's a video I posted on my channel about it. Anyone have any ideas? I believe the engineer is a 32cc... NOT the original it came with. Bought the truck used in pieces, so I'm not entirely sure What engine this is.

G-Man

Figured it out. Blockage in the fuel line... Removed the filter (clogged) and replaced there clunk one... Fires right up!
Woo hoo!!! Good to hear. Man you hardly ever see these TT. I subbed your channel. I have a channel called Steel City RC. Pleasure to meet you Sir!!

smokinzoltar

Thanks gman! I've been on your channel for some time now as Crack3dRC . Lovin your redcat, mine is coming along but would still like a little more power... It's a weight thing I believe.
Your teardowns are great! I learn allot from them!
I wish I had places to run like you do in Cincinnati. I've been kicked out of so many places .
I'm currently chasing down another issue on a HPI Baja 5B. that one specifically just cuts power randomly, haven't quite figured out what's wrong with that one yet. But between that one and my red cat rampage TT, those two are by far my favorite 1/5 to bash around with.

G-Man

For run spots I go on my laptop and search google maps in satellite mode. It really opened up my bashing perspective. There are no local 5th scale tracks here in Pittsburgh. So I run them where I can. I was about ready to give up RC due to lack of spots then tried that and been good since. Odd how your baja is cutting out. You mean it will stall? Or it loses power and runs bad?

smokinzoltar

It's very intermittent. Just charged the pack in the truck this am,checked the charge with my cell checker...all looks good! Fired everything up left power on for like 10 mins turning the wheels a and playing with the throttle before I ever fired the engine.
Upon firing the engine, power cuttoff occurred about 2 mins in. Thought it was the coil, replaced that... Same effect.
I have the steel cage that wraps around the plug, going to try it without that later to see if maybe the coil is just not insulated good enough and shooting out through the chassis.
Weird issue, never had one do this before.

G-Man

That is a strange issue. Do you have a remote killswitch on it? Or maybe a radio glitch causing the killswitch to shut the engine off? I recently had a radio frequency glitch that was tripping the superbee killswitch. I had a gopro mounted on the radio which the gopro had the wifi turned on so I could control it with my phone. Well my truck kept shutting off at more than 50 feet. It was then I realized I left the wifi on the gopro. I also had a similar issue with a Flysky radio system. Not running all the servos worked perfectly. Start the engine and within a few minutes the servos would act up. Had two runaways that day! Went to Futaba and no more issues. Not sure if the sparkplug or the coil was interfering with the receiver.

smokinzoltar

Damn,that sounds very familiar! I need to dig into it a little more... Thank you for the advice!

G-Man

No problem brother! Figuring out these issues can be difficult. I have electric 5ths too. My dbxl-e is acting up. Not sure if the ESC is going bad or a loose connection etc. They all have their problems lol. Watch it be the $200 ESC

smokinzoltar

Yeah that sux. I'm building a rovan with the kraken body kit! I really want to have something like Botajell with that brovan he built! Idk if I have that kind of capital though lol.

I would love to get a redcat rampage and turn it brushless. I've seen your losi videos, bad ass! Love it!

BTW thanks for the sub!

smokinzoltar

Looks like I just figured it out. I didn't realize that this had a autolite plug in it when I bought it. Must be fowling out, replaced with new ngt, works perfect!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts