• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine and Electronics?

Clubin

Banned
Just to pass the time, I am curious to see what you are planning to install in your roller.

ENGINE:

I am installing a O'Neill Brother'srace ported and mahined 27.2cc. Brand new never ran.

ELECTRONICS:

steering servo hs5745

t/b hs5645

What are you putting in?

mooman007uk

Banned
here's a useful bit of info I discovered yesterday, after rebuilding my ONB reed motor out of my FG I went to instal it in the TT and 2 things didn't fit, clutch housing...so had to pull it off motor that came with tt and flywheel cover! the mount holes didn't line up with the chassis which I found odd...so I don't know if these parts are redcat only or if the others were fg only....just something to watch out for.

I don't have a roller coming cos I spent all my money on the tt, maybe in the next batch.

yolonda21

Contributor
sorry to interupt but, moo empty your pm box please.....

Gas Jocky

If you put a Zenoah fan cover in the Redcat you have to redrill the forward hole in the chassis, it turns out to be an oblong hole. The cy and Zen clutch housings are different as well as you have described.

kryptonite

i have no idea!! don't have a motor, and the extra servos are probly not safe to run as i have had problems with them latly.. so far the only thing i have is a reciever:D.. so thats it.. im puting a reciever in it and thats all:mad:

Clubin

Banned
kryptonite said:
i have no idea!! don't have a motor, and the extra servos are probly not safe to run as i have had problems with them latly.. so far the only thing i have is a reciever:D.. so thats it.. im puting a reciever in it and thats all:mad:
Only a reciever? You'll have to make all the other noises yourself and pull it around.. lol

Agreed, about the cy engine, I did not know that either. Just a small major little issue.

mooman007uk

Banned
I"ve got a 28.5 cy, digi4 or 5745, 645 or jr z9100t and not enough money left for a roller. My tt has lots of presents coming though.

I'll have to put all my bits on a skateboard for now, i wont have to make the engine noises like kryp but I'll still have to pull it:D

hellya

I have a extra spectrum RX I will bind .....I have 3-645 aand 3-805BB... one of those should work for what we need

I put the stock T-bolt motor back in and pulled the 26 cc marine head kit/ DS cooling head I'm slaping that in the buggy

Clubin

Banned
hellya said:
I have a extra spectrum RX I will bind .....I have 3-645 aand 3-805BB... one of those should work for what we need
I put the stock T-bolt motor back in and pulled the 26 cc marine head kit/ DS cooling head I'm slaping that in the buggy
That'll be cool to see.

redcatmt

oneills brothers 28.5 race ported engine..5745 steering.... 645mg throttle ....hitec servos......spectrum dx3r radio

Last edited by a moderator:

redcatmt

clubin....got my rampage mt from killermolly.....great to deal with...looking forward to this buggy.......,

Clubin

Banned
redcatmt said:
clubin....got my rampage mt from killermolly.....great to deal with...looking forward to this buggy.......,
Realy. I bought my MCD Baja and a all aluminum FG from killer. And a bunch of other things.

redcatmt

i am in florida.....fgmaniac69 on rcu and large scale forums

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts