• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

electrical issue

sunoco

had the car on the stand running this evening. was slowly leaning out the high speed fuel screw. held the throttle wide open- pushed the 3rd channel- no ignition shut down. always worked at idle- mid throttle- no issues @all. - first thing that came to mind- bad kill switch- or wiring.- switch is a killer bee.- so back to the bench the car went. turns out to not be the kill switch at all.-- some time ago, i installed a direct servo harness.-- what this does - it bypasses the hot- positive wires on the servos from going tru the reciever.- good idea really- seemed to feed slighty more juce to the servos- but-- it caused the kill switch to not operate when the throttle waswide open- work correctly at idle- mid rpm. The offending direct servo harness is setting in a box with all the other electrical stuff. It could be a good idea to test your kill switches, no matter what brand they are when the cars are running wide open- on a stand worked for me-- anything that can go wrong with rc- will eventually- just saying-----

G-Man

I had a similar issue. On the stand the engine shut off with 3rd channel and red push button. Drove around the yard a bit went and hit the 3rd channel button to kill the engine, nope. Hit the red button, nope still running. I then was like how am I gonna shut this off. Pinch the feed fuel hose, no it will lean out no good for the engine. So i held my hand over the exhaust pipe outlet, boom it stalled within a mili-second. So Ya never know what may happen, you are 100% correct!

sunoco

no doubt-- thing is- 3rd channel always worked correctly at idle- 1/2 throttle- on off button on engine case is fine-- the 3rd channel switch on the transmitter handle--- ok- Get this one-- i had both of the solder antenna connections break off the printed circut board in a reciever-- the antenna vibrated down the antenna tube- shoving the 2 broken solder joints at the antenna-pc board joints- shorted out the reciever- the transmitter became useless -- no steering- throttle- it was going wfo- no fail safe- no killswitch-- i was running the car on a empty foot ball field- freshly short cut grass so the xb was really hauling ass-- went the lengith of the field- clipped lucky- a concrete barrior- became air borne- flew about 8 feet high- about 30-40 foot later hung up about 4 feet high in sticker bushes--- no b.s. it wad a pumped up piped engine- high compression 30.5--- far faster than a stocker-- honk as parts fly off !!! lol !! good thing the bushes were thick-- the creek was about 5 feet further-- it was running high from sudden heat wave-- spring snow melt--

the guilty fly-sky reciever-- the antenna is between the reciever cases-- where the antenna goes tru the antenna cases- its a loose fitment-- now- i always smear a dab of silicone- work it into the case wire area- when the reciever case is closed- screwed together-- yup- been there crashed that--- lol.

Attachments

• ARROWS SHOW GLUE POINTS 001.JPG
    ARROWS SHOW GLUE POINTS 001.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 9

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online