• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

eartquake fuel line

wiytboi

I noticed on my Earthquake 3.5 that the fuel lines are pretty long. I wanted to trim them and shorten them. but im not sure if i should.

anyone have any thoughts on this? should i shorten them so ther more direct or just leave tem as they are?

wiytboi

why would i have to be quicker if i flip upside down? what happens if not quick?

rcgasser

Your fuel lines will be shorter when upside down the engine can only run on the fuel thats in the line it will not suck from the tank so if you make the lines shorter that less fuel because of shoter lines.

Stygian

Banned
rcgasser said:
Your fuel lines will be shorter when upside down the engine can only run on the fuel thats in the line it will not suck from the tank so if you make the lines shorter that less fuel because of shoter lines.
This is not 100% true I flip my 3.5 all the time and I shorten the fuel lines and when it flips over I walk and take my time to it and it's never died same thing with my revo 3.3 shorten the lines. You can just play with the throttle while you're walking to it to turn it over it will vibrate the car and shake the gas in the tank keeping the lines filled with gas.

rcgasser

Nitros draws fuel from the bottom of the tank most does not have a clunk in them as 5th scales do so if there is 3/4 or less of gas in the tank with the car flipped over it just getting air from the bottom of the tank all the blimp the throttle is not going to draw gas. When you are blimping the throttle you are just running gas that in the line while you are upside down no its not immediate cut off because the gas in the line will allow enough time for you to keep blimpimg the throttle and flip it over you can not run your whole tank out of gas while its upside down because it will not vibrate and draw from the tank. All sanction nitro races only allow you to run the stock length because racers would extend the fuel lines so that if they flip over they will have more time for the turn marshell to get to them and flip them back over. before flaming out. So therefore have shorten lines then what already will have a shorter run time upside down then it would reguarly.

Dreggsta

rcgasser, your posts crack me up lol. it's not what you're saying. it's how your phone changes what you are saying. blimping the throttle? lmao :D

Stygian

Banned
Rcgasser I still disagree I do it all the time there's been a few times my revo 3.3 was upside down for a few minutes with less than half tank

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rcgasser

Dreggsta said:
rcgasser, your posts crack me up lol. it's not what you're saying. it's how your phone changes what you are saying. blimping the throttle? lmao :D
lol I am going to have to stop using it that is funny!!!

Stygian

Banned
There's no way the gas in the line is going to blast two or three minutes while messing with the throttle

Stygian

Banned
rcgasser, so I tested my revo 3.3 and earthquake 3.5 upside down for some reason the fuel cuts out a lot faster on the earthquake vs the reve 3.3 I have no idea why but the revo 3.3 can stay upside down longer and the fuel lines are about equal in length.

Stygian

Banned
rcgasser said:
If one is running leaner it will run longer upside down because its burning less gas from the line
Correct what's weird is I have my revo running richer right now because of the heat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts