• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Earthquake 8e no go

5vegas

So I recently purchased this truck and I'm constantly breaking stuff. Mainly because I can't drive for poo :)

My issue is, the truck will move forward and reverse when easing into throttle. But the second I mash the throttle or put a tiny load on it, I hear this grinding sound and NO movement from vehicle.

I pulled the center diff out and all the gears "seem" to be fine. I also changed the motor pinion to an all steel one thinking the factory brass pinion was slipping on the shaft.

Now this all started when my rear left tire but came loose and sent the tire flying.(funny as hell though)

So maybe this had something to do with my issue??

Thanks all in advance and any response would be greatly appreciated.

I can take a video of problem if u guys think that would help with diagnosis.

"sent from my phone using my fingers while drinking rum"

rookie101

You'll have to check both the front and rear diffs as well. The centre diff will want to send the power to the path of least resistance, and if you have a blown diff on either end the truck will not want to move.

5vegas

Roger that !

I'll pull the diffs out today.

Thanks

andyken

Hold one tire and turn the opposite one to check for binding, does it roll well?

Is there a slipper clutch? If the slipper is loose, it lets the motor slip under load to stop wheelies and drive train damage...they can get loose/wear out.

5vegas

I can roll the opposite tire without friction while holding one.(front and rear)

Where would the slipper clutch be located if I had one? I'm unfamiliar with these and thought only nitro trans had them?

Thanks

5vegas

Ok, took the rear diff case apart, and both gear seem to be ok, however, when spinning the main spur gear, I run into a rough spot once every 1 revolution.

It's kinda grindy sounding, almost as if the rear ring gear is warped.

Has anyone ever run across a warped ring gear?

5vegas

Think I figured it out.

Rim hub is stripped out.

Thanks for input guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.