• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dynamite kill switch issues

jeepzj

the thing is about this style kill switch-- its optical.-- there is a circut in the case that converts elecricity to light.-- i think the idea is to stop interference- electrical. its goofy.-- drop kick it into the trash can. buy a killer bee--- i use that brand- or build my own-- modify a pico switch actually.-- my avatar -- well it looks like 90% of the people i see in public-- i will find a less gross avatar soon-- lol.

Ok ty I will get one

sunoco

if all you guys cannot get this brand to operate correctly brand new out of the box-- and if you actually find one that operates on the bench-- is it worth the risk of wadding your r-c while running it at a distance outdoors - no. fiber optic- optical-- the mainstream idea is its ability carry massive amounts of data long distances with little loss. to use this in a kill switch not logical. but thats just me i suppose.---

Willbet

Hi was wondering if you ever figured that problem out I have the same problem I bought the dynamite switch I put it in I put a tuned pipe on and bought the FlySky transmitter everything set up I can turn the light on and off with the third Channel throttle brakes steering all working but now I have no spark I've even reset the Magneto and still nothing

sunoco

Hi guys I also bought a dynamite kill switch I plugged in channel 3 but doesn't turn the led on and ignition is off I try to turn off the tx ad does also activate brakes but nothing on the ignition. Please help don't know what I'm doing wrong or do I need a tx with third channel because I'm using the stock one
Where woody posted about the switch-- step #5. Polarity to the coil- try reversing the positions of the 2 wires that feed power to the coil-- Step # 5 could be wrong in some cases-- these ignition coils- there actually 2 coils -windings inside the black area- - one is called primary, the other is called secondary-- to make it simple to understand- one coils windings feeds the other--- a step up affair--- agan, reverse the 2 wires feeding the coil and see what happens----

sunoco

last post tonight-- its been rough out west- from ankorage alaska- british cloumbia washington-oregon woods are on fire- no let up in near future- the sun is a dull red ball every day-- makes a body feel bad-- The on-off switch on these engines really take a pounding.-- some of these switches are junk- crappy terminals- too small- overall poor quality--- with internet- go here-- DAVES DISCOUNT MOTORS,-- search for this CY/RC engine killl switch--- part # EE431. buy several-- high quality- correct sized terminals- rubber switch button cover included,,---- you can thank me later-- cough-cough- nice air out west-- 40+ years of forest mismanagement has reared its ugly head---- ignorant bas%#@ds--

Willbet

yes, reversing the polarity of the 2 wire at the coil take care of.

Willbet

Hi was wondering if you ever figured that problem out I have the same problem I bought the dynamite switch I put it in I put a tuned pipe on and bought the FlySky transmitter everything set up I can turn the light on and off with the third Channel throttle brakes steering all working but now I have no spark I've even reset the Magneto and still nothing
Yes reversing the polarity of the wire at the coil take care of the problem.

sunoco

good !!! me and others need to know this---- if you were looking at the recoil starter side of the engine- and were looking at the coil--- the terminal on the coil that is on the starter side of the motor----- what color is the wire--- red or black.---- what color is the wire going into the coil that is on the engines head side?

sunoco

let me be clear-- what woody posted- step #5.- where they say polarity does not matter-- they are talking about how the wires go to the switch that is on the side of the engine. NOT the wires that go to the coil. I have noted also-- When the car is idling- and you hit the kill switch on transmitter- the engine dies instantly- fast. BUT when the car is being used - ran outdoors - when the car is running full throttle- wide open- and you hit the kill switch on the transmitter-- there is a delay before the car engine shuts off-- several seconds. I have to wonder if this is because of the wires that go to the engines ignition coil being wrong-- reversed-- Any one else on this redcat site-- please post your thoughts. lets get this resolved-- figured out--.

Willbet

You are right they said that the polarity no matter and it should not matter because is not current flow on that part of the coil, but if you put the black and red wire on the wrong position the engine wont start.

sunoco

Its direct current. d.c. positive +. negative -- . The positive flow of electricity should always travel tru the spark plug wire- down inside the white area of the spark plug to the center tip- electrode. At that place- the spark occurs- the spark bridges the air gap- goes to the curved flat piece of metal that is part of the threaded base of the spark plug-- that area is negitive- -- ground. The red connector should be on the coils terminal that is closest to the pull starter. The person that told you there is no current flow needs study basic electronics. very basic-- like a teacher would explain to a 3rd grader--- Yes, a coil will operate wired incorrectly, but the current- electricity flown in the wrong- incorrect direction. I used to build high end large pleasure boats - right out of high school-- !! i was constantly re wiring day shifts d-c wiring mistakes- - these polarity mistakes would cause the ships lights to fail quickly--- have fun with your now running r-c truck!! dave in washington state in usa. told you this----

Pricesredcatmt

I have a question, i was knew at first and didn't know what I was doing, so what I did was I bought the Dynamite Killswitch and I hook it up, with the engine not running the throttle servo would act fine, as soon as a would start it the throttle Servo would go wide open and act crazy, then with me not knowing what I was doing trying to find out what was wrong ,I hooked up the wire wrong on the aux1 on the receiver, the say the black wire gos to the out side, but the wire was brown and hook it up wrong, so did I fry the Dynamite kill switch and the receiver

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.