• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dynamite kill switch issues

Super Blaze

Hi guys I also bought a dynamite kill switch I plugged in channel 3 but doesn't turn the led on and ignition is off I try to turn off the tx ad does also activate brakes but nothing on the ignition. Please help don't know what I'm doing wrong or do I need a tx with third channel because I'm using the stock one

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
@Super Blaze make sure you're following the below install instructions. The kill switch is a fairly straight forward install. If it's still not working I would reach out to Horizon.

Dynamite Kill Switch Installation

dynamite-kill-switch.png
  1. Connect Safety Kill Switch into AUX1 or an open channel.
  2. Install the kill switch in a convenient, secure and protected location. The receiver or receiver battery box is ideal.
  3. Mount LED in a visible location.
  4. Secure the Safety Kill Switch in position with foam tape in order to prevent vibration damage.
  5. Connect the Safety Kill Switch cable to the ignition coil terminals. Polarity doesn’t matter.
  6. Zip tie ignition cable away from the flywheel and any moving parts

Transmitter Set Up
  1. Assign the channel used to operate the Safety Kill Switch to a button/switch on your transmitter*.
  2. Set the channel type to a 2-position auxiliary.
  3. When the LED on the Safety Kill Switch is solid red, the engine can be started.
  4. To set the fail-safe**, bind the receiver to the transmitter with the Safety Kill Switch in the off position. This ensures that if the receiver looses power or signal the Safety Kill Switch will turn the engine off.

* Refer to your transmitters manual for help assigning switches.
** Not compatible with the Spektrum SRS4200, SRS4201 and SRS4210 receivers.

Sico

I'm having the same issue I email the seller waiting to see what's up please let me know if you figure this out I tried everything even another receiver still nothing.

Thwmathue

What radio setup are you using if it is a spectrum system with AVC it's not going to work. The AVC system isn't compatible with kill switches,

sunoco

I bought one of these. its for a roller i bought. 5bss. i have 2 flysky fs-gt3b transmitters- recievers. should work on these. Here is a way to have a kill switch for 20 bucks-- go here, dimension engineering- pico switch radio controlled relay. super small. has built in led, handles 1 amp.-- $20.00. all you have to do to this is solder a single jumper wire across the back of the p-c board - easy to do.--- i have used these for years, zero failures. any one wants the simple soldering jumper done, i will do it for you-- you just pay postage. dave in ephrata--

Brimor

Hey guys, I put the same kill switch in my sons xt. It runs great when its on the stand. As soon as I put it down on the ground it drives for 5feet then shuts off. Light is off also. Push 3 channel switch on flysky gt3c and light doesn't come back on. Shut truck off and turn on then light comes back on. Try drive truck shuts off again. I unplugged the kill switch and truck runs perfect. I hooked same kill switch to my other sons chimera and no problems at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

sunoco

I have this type kill switch. its unused.-- Dynamite optical large scale safety kill switch. on the opposite side of these words on the kill switch case, you should be able to see these voltage numbers- if its the same switch as the one i have-- from left to right-- 6v 5v 4v --- no protection. The factory battery in your r-c is a good battery i am guessing.-- To the left of the 6v -- on the end of the case, you will see two plastic parts- red one towards the 3 wires, black one on the opposite direction.- this shuts down the car if the r-c battery drops below 6 v-- six volts. remove only the red colored piece of plastic, and the r-c shuts down at 5v- five volts.--remove the black plastic piece, leaving the red one in place- shuts down the r-c at 4v- four volts.-- remove both plastic pieces- red and black-- no protection- no protection from under voltage condition on the rc cars battery.-- agan, i have never used this type of kill switch. but according to the diagram on the back of the case-- thats what it does- the black & red pieces of plastic-- actually in electrical lingo- they are simply whats called electrical circut jumpers.-- suggestion-- remove the black jumper- and leave the red one in place.- the red one should be plugged in directly to the left of the 6v-5v-4v numbers.- this is suppose to shut down the r-c at 4 volts-- 4 volts on the r-c battery-- yea its a rambling post by me-- just trying to explain in human words instead of wiring symbols-- its logical for the chinese to do this--covers every one better i suppose. good luck.have fun.

sunoco

no frills simple homemade kill switch.- keep it cheap and simple. these are not my soldering joints- or the circut trace.-- mine look more sano-- most times. i desolder all the wiring leads on the p-c boards- servos- battery -switch wiring- cut wires as required- resolder-- this makes for a better fitment in the radio-battery box. nice and neat. not a jumble of too long wiring--

Attachments

• PICO 002.JPG
    PICO 002.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Cut Trace.jpg
    Cut Trace.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Pico switch mod.jpg
    Pico switch mod.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 19

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
no frills simple homemade kill switch.- keep it cheap and simple. these are not my soldering joints- or the circut trace.-- mine look more sano-- most times. i desolder all the wiring leads on the p-c boards- servos- battery -switch wiring- cut wires as required- resolder-- this makes for a better fitment in the radio-battery box. nice and neat. not a jumble of too long wiring--

Nicely done @sunoco, how well is it working?

sunoco

thank you. i have used these for years. all a kill switch is-- its just a single pole relay, thats all i need- these are bought from demension engeneering- nice spelling huh? lol.-- its in ohio. 19.99 + 3.00 shipping. its a simple mod as you see in photos. Relay itself is rated @ 1 amp @ 125 vac.-- far above the loads we place on this unit. AND- it will actually fit into a baja 5b radio box !! oh- rated life of the relay itself - one hundred thousand - to- one million relay cycles-- no rc will last the long-- only thing you need- is the standard kill switch wiring from the engines coil- on off button - back to the photographed unit.

one thing-- its so small because there are no plugs for buzzer- light.- the very bright led is on the p-c board.- i just drill a small hole on the lid of the radio box- super glue a clear piece of plastic- keep it simple and affordable.

sunoco

yes. thats the one.- thing is, the 2 photos you see- the one with the red wire, and the photo with the circut trace removed--- that has to be done after the pico switch is bought. you have to do these mods yourself. The red wire- i use old servo wire- bare the ends - remove the insulation approx 2-3 mm. then tin the bare ends of the wire, position the wire on top of the joint- then apply heat on top of the wire- a 25-35 watt soldering iron small point tip - I try to get in and out of my joints quickly- split second- less heat soak this way-- as for breaking the circut trace-- a pointed julers file will work-- I use a mini die grinder with a very small cone shapedfine steel burr-- approx 7- 8 thousand rpm. The affordable health care plan will not even cover the callus that keeps forming on a toe joint after i busted it. -- so, i use the die grinder with a 80 grit sanding wheel to remove it-- shure beats limping all day-- ya gotta do what you gotta do--

sunoco

Remove the spark plug.- with plug cap on plug- ground out plug to metal area close to spark plug hole. set 3rd channel so lightfail safe light is solid color- not blinking--- If you have a male dog-- get him to pee on spark plug, as liquid hits spark plug- pull starter handle quickly. If dog yelps and runs away. you & dog both know 100% there is spark to spark plug.--- IF you have no dog, just look for spark on spark plug-- in a darker area helps to see- as you pull starter cord- if there is spark-- the issue is elsewhere--- bad spark plug- flooded engine-- no gasoline getting to engine-- ect.

sunoco

you must use a kill switch. bad things can happen if you do not use. look closely at the dynamite kill switch. you will see 2 plastic things on one end of it.-- a black colored - and a red colored.--- gently remove both of these. then, fully recharge the cars battery. then hook the kill switch back--- the light on the kill switch must be a solid color- not blinking for your car to start. ---

Willbet

I know that why I want to resolve this issue and i all ready tray that i have solid red led that i can turn on and off whit the 3 channel, I contacted Harrison they send me a new kill switch and I have the same issue.

jeepzj

I know that why I want to resolve this issue and i all ready tray that i have solid red led that i can turn on and off whit the 3 channel, I contacted Harrison they send me a new kill switch and I have the same issue.

Hi was wondering if you ever figured that problem out I have the same problem I bought the dynamite switch I put it in I put a tuned pipe on and bought the FlySky transmitter everything set up I can turn the light on and off with the third Channel throttle brakes steering all working but now I have no spark I've even reset the Magneto and still nothing

sunoco

the thing is about this style kill switch-- its optical.-- there is a circut in the case that converts elecricity to light.-- i think the idea is to stop interference- electrical. its goofy.-- drop kick it into the trash can. buy a killer bee--- i use that brand- or build my own-- modify a pico switch actually.-- my avatar -- well it looks like 90% of the people i see in public-- i will find a less gross avatar soon-- lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.