• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner turn off low fuel

Lou-Man

New to 5th scales so bear with me. i have a few questions. Does the dunerunner have a half tank lean problem? I have ran 3 tanks of fuel thru it. Each time it gets about a quarter tank left it shuts itself off after i let go of the throttle. meaning full power then coast to brake. Or does anyone have any suggestions to fix this. Not sure if it is a venting problem or what. i just know it is too lean at this point. any help would be appreciated. THX

Phill

I have 2 Dunerunners with tank vents.
Never had this problem.
Does it restart if you take the fuel cap off?
If so you need to vent the tank.

Lou-Man

It actually will restart without taking the gas cap off. but it is difficult to start. I have to give it throttle on remote. Is there a vent kit or is this a DIY thing. I guess all i need is another groumet and a piece of fuel line. What do you all use at the end of the vent line so crap doesn't get in?

Lou-Man

Ok dumb question. In the instructions it tells me to install the pickup on the bottom nipple and the return on the top nipple. I thought it was the other way around?

Lou-Man

I think thats my problem. Again im new to 5th scale and this is how it was when i took it apart. Line with clunk is installed at the top of the carburator next to the primer bulb. Vent line was installed at the bottom of the carb under the airfilter. I just downloaded the hpi fuelie manual at it says i have it backwards. I guess the old owner did not have it installed correctly. So to make sure top next to bulb is the return. Bottom under airfilter is the incoming? Correct?

Tommyb52777

New to 5th scales so bear with me. i have a few questions. Does the dunerunner have a half tank lean problem? I have ran 3 tanks of fuel thru it. Each time it gets about a quarter tank left it shuts itself off after i let go of the throttle. meaning full power then coast to brake. Or does anyone have any suggestions to fix this. Not sure if it is a venting problem or what. i just know it is too lean at this point. any help would be appreciated. THX
Drill a small hole through the gas cap and that should solve your problem

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online