• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner Shock Upgrade

G-Man

Been wanting to upgrade the shocks on my DR for awhile now. Thought I'd like the piggyback pro shocks redcat offers on there, but was concerned about clearance using the jetpro pipe. What I did is mount the shock with the reservoir to the inside rather than the outside. Seems to have plenty of clearance. Will update after I actually try them out. What shocks do you guys use?

20180331_235829.jpg

G-Man

20180405_002835.jpg All cleaned up. Both shocks installed. Filled with 50w oil. May have to go thicker once the weather warms up.

G-Man

Have they got any more "bounce" in em than the stockers?
My DR suspension feels dead.
I haven't put it on the ground yet. I just fitted the rear shocks, now on to the front. I'm hoping for the best

rustyracing181

I have my MT running as low as possible. I find that geometry is not ideal and I break the bottom shaft supports ALOT. Is there anything better or is there a complete new shock to use for a upgrade?
So in Brief am I better to upgrade or replace?
Phill I think the only way you'll get live suspension is a stronger spring. something I,m playing with at the moment. the shock controls the speed of the compression and rebound, am I right?

G-Man

Here is an update on the Dunerunner build. These shocks are awesome on here. 40W front, 50W rear. I have a couple other videos of those shocks in action too. Check them out!!

Phill

I have my MT running as low as possible. I find that geometry is not ideal and I break the bottom shaft supports ALOT. Is there anything better or is there a complete new shock to use for a upgrade?
Phill I think the only way you'll get live suspension is a stronger spring. something I,m playing with at the moment. the shock controls the speed of the compression and rebound, am I right?

Yep stronger springs is what I'm thinking.
KM maybe?
Let me know what you find.
Shocks are for speed of compression and rebound to stop it from bouncing.

hocks seem to handle it well.
Sounds good too.

rustyracing181

can't get century #362 spring here in NZ
tried this but might need to try and sleeve down or drill out bottom suspension arm to 5mm to mount the new rod end (might become the new weak point)
IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0215.JPG

Phill

It does but it is slowed by the oil in the shock.
What oil are you using?

G-Man

@Phill have you ever considered making a dual rate shock for the DR? Using two shorter different rate springs with a spacer in between?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.