• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner Recommended Upgrades

delta_kilo

I know this has been covered but I have gone all the way back to 2008 in the forums looking at some of the recommendations and I'm wondering how many fixes the manufacturer has done in 4 years that I no longer have to worry about.

I'll tell ya what I have so far and please let me know what you'd do further.

List of recommended upgrades for Redcat Dunerunner

OK so what else should I do, and or buy?

G

That's a great start. The factory servos aren't the best. Especially the throttle/brake servo. I always replace mine while I'm setting it up.

REVOlutionary Rampage

The radio that comes with the Redcat R/C now is already 2.4. You cant go wrong with a nicer radio though. What are you running for servo's? I'd go aftermarket ASAP because the stock ones don't last long.

G

Yes, you can't beat that price! They are hands down the best radio for the price! You will only hear negative coments by those who don't have one. Everyone that owns them seem to love it.

delta_kilo

RCDAD please give me a call. I can't keep the engine running and the carb clear button on the carb isn't pulling fuel into it after 5 minutes of running.

Last edited by a moderator:

delta_kilo

So got it running idle through most of the first tank. Tuned it the best I could with a few full throttle runs on a stand and adjusting high speed. Got the low speed dialed in. Took it for a 5 minutes drive and lost a wheel nut and 3 screws including one that holds the engine to the frame. I knew I needed to lock tight everything but wanted to get it tuned first. So much for that idea. I honestly have no idea why this isn't done at the factory.

So anyone know where I can buy a bolt/ screw set for this thing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.