• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner Rebuild

biggo

Phill

DDM makes a silencer for the JetPro. I have it but havent installed yet. According to the link below, I need to.

http://www.davesmotors.com/silencer-jetpro-dune-runner-rear-mount-pipe.html
https://www.redcatrampageforum.com/threads/jet-pro-silencer.13400/

I got mine straight from Dino at Jetpro.
They don't make it any quieter but they do "soften" the tone a bit.
You'll need some decent 3 ply silicone tubing to go with it.
The stuff that comes with it doesn't last long.

biggo

They sure look the same as the DR and MT shocks. Oh I meant to tell you. I used your info from another post about upgraded shock towers. I ordered these off ebay from you home land. Should be here next week. Hoping they will fit the V3 DR as I need them for that brushless one I am putting together.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/054016-1-5-Hsp-Upgrade-Parts-Front-Shock-Tower/291763583989?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/054017-1-5-Hsp-Upgrade-Parts-Rear-Shock-Tower/380418082300?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I can assure you they're not the same. The machined aluminum upgrade parts are slightly lighter. I have every part damn near and have also weighed them. There's a slight difference in color as well. I'll be starting my DR build soon enough.

Phill

I can assure you they're not the same. The machined aluminum upgrade parts are slightly lighter. I have every part damn near and have also weighed them. There's a slight difference in color as well. I'll be starting my DR build soon enough.

They also have alloy tops as opposed to the stock plastic.
Colour is the same as my alloy shock towers.

Last edited:

G-Man

20190106_141613.jpg Doing some PM on my DR. Think it's time for a new belt. Been a year and numerous gallons on that belt. It stretched rather than breaking like the rubber belt did. Oddly I didn't notice the problem. Just pulled the cover to check it.

G-Man

Also noticed the dogbone pin wear. I had some Losi MTXL pins laying around. They fit perfectly. So they are alot cheaper than buying new shafts 20190106_142050.jpg

Phill

Wow
It's a wonder it still ran with that belt so loose.
Surprised it didn't wear the teeth away.

G-Man

Wow
It's a wonder it still ran with that belt so loose.
Surprised it didn't wear the teeth away.
I was amazed when I pulled the cover off. I can see where the belt was rubbing the cover. Bet the cover was the only thing holding the belt on hahahaha.

G-Man

@ G-Man Real nice. Love the steel mesh covering the chassis holes. What did you use and how did you attach it to the chassis?
Thanks Man. That is aluminum mesh used for crafts etc. Got it from amazon I do believe. I'm using shoo goo around the edged to hold it to the chassis

Phill

Got home Saturday and found this 2WD Dunerunner on my driveway.
Finally found out that a neighbour had left it there for me after it sitting in his garden shed for 5 yrs.
He tells me everything works except the clutch binds but when I tried to prime the carby the bubble just disintegrated.
The clutch is binding cause the bolts holding the gear plate to the motor are missing.
It's got a 25cc something in it that does have good compression.
I'll try to get it running with a spare pipe I have and maybe use it on the beach.
Otherwise it'll be spare parts for my 4WD.
Couldn't help but smile at the upside down wing. 14440 14441

G-Man

Wow that was awesome of him to give that to you @Phill. Pretty rare seeing a 2wd DR also. I've never seen one in person. It looks to have a front diff case for the shock tower to bolt to. Ahahahahaha the wing!!!

Phill

Wow that was awesome of him to give that to you @Phill. Pretty rare seeing a 2wd DR also. I've never seen one in person. It looks to have a front diff case for the shock tower to bolt to. Ahahahahaha the wing!!!

Not a diff case as such.
Did you notice alloy shock towers?
They came stock on my 4WD but it never hurts to have spares.
Shocks are thinner than 4WD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.