• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner Rebuild

Phill

Finally got a chance to give mine a good run today.
Those block tyres are great - won't even slide on grass.
It corners on 3 wheels.
Any suggestions on stronger or longer shocks/springs for the rear?
Still haven't figured out which way to go with the belt drive.
I'd forgotten how noisy the gears are

G-Man

Finally got a chance to give mine a good run today.
Those block tyres are great - won't even slide on grass.
It corners on 3 wheels.
Any suggestions on stronger or longer shocks/springs for the rear?
Still haven't figured out which way to go with the belt drive.
I'd forgotten how noisy the gears are
Sounds like you had fun! As far as springs, I don't have any suggestions other tHan baja springs. Which are stiffer than stock DR I'm not sure. I can say the MT pro piggyback shocks are awesome on the DR. They have really changed my DR's capabilities

Phill

Sounds like you had fun! As far as springs, I don't have any suggestions other tHan baja springs. Which are stiffer than stock DR I'm not sure. I can say the MT pro piggyback shocks are awesome on the DR. They have really changed my DR's capabilities

Have they lifted the rear end?
Mine is always down in the back despite having the springs tightened right down to lift it.
Do you know if the Baja springs are a direct fit or do I need the shocks too?
Thanks as always.

G-Man

G-Man

I'm not a fan of electric having started my RC days with Tamiya in the 80's.
It will be interesting to see the end result though.
ahahahaha I like them both. Gas is more fun, but the electric is more public friendly. I decided against the motor mount in the pic. I have another idea for it that should work out better. I had a Tamiya Frog as a kid in the 80's that I saved grass cutting money for. Wow what a difference technology makes.

Phill

Very interesting. I had no idea those shocks existed. Hope they work out for you. What weight fluid do you put in your shocks? I put 50 in the rear and 40 in the front

I found em on ebay and have no idea whether they'll fit or not.
It says they're for the TT which is a superseded buggy built on the MT design so I'm hoping.
I haven't changed the shock fluid sine new so no idea.
What I need is stiffer springs to level it up.
It's been down in the rear since I bought it even with the springs screwed right down.

Phill

ahahahaha I like them both. Gas is more fun, but the electric is more public friendly. I decided against the motor mount in the pic. I have another idea for it that should work out better. I had a Tamiya Frog as a kid in the 80's that I saved grass cutting money for. Wow what a difference technology makes.

LOL!
When you were a kid playing with the frog I was a 30 yr old with a Frog and a Hornet.
It is more public friendly though.
I got sick of reattaching the silencer and threw it away.
Definitely not for the street in suburbia any more.
Even the wife reckons it's too loud but you get that.

G-Man

For some reason that Jetpro rear mount is super loud on these. Mine is real crackly, on acceleration if the outlet is facing me it will blister my ears lol

G-Man

I found em on ebay and have no idea whether they'll fit or not.
It says they're for the TT which is a superseded buggy built on the MT design so I'm hoping.
I haven't changed the shock fluid sine new so no idea.
What I need is stiffer springs to level it up.
It's been down in the rear since I bought it even with the springs screwed right down.
They sure look the same as the DR and MT shocks. Oh I meant to tell you. I used your info from another post about upgraded shock towers. I ordered these off ebay from you home land. Should be here next week. Hoping they will fit the V3 DR as I need them for that brushless one I am putting together.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/054016-1-5...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/054017-1-5...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Phill

They sure look the same as the DR and MT shocks. Oh I meant to tell you. I used your info from another post about upgraded shock towers. I ordered these off ebay from you home land. Should be here next week. Hoping they will fit the V3 DR as I need them for that brushless one I am putting together.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/054016-1-5-Hsp-Upgrade-Parts-Front-Shock-Tower/291763583989?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/054017-1-5-Hsp-Upgrade-Parts-Rear-Shock-Tower/380418082300?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Glad I could be of assistance.
If the alloy diff housings fit the shock towers should bolt straight on.
RCModel are great for parts.
I can't fault their service.

Last edited:

Phill

Have you ever heard of sway bars for the DR?
I'd be very interested in hearing about any that have been bought or fabricated.
The ones on the Losi 5B look good but it's making them fit that makes me wonder.

G-Man

Have you ever heard of sway bars for the DR?
I'd be very interested in hearing about any that have been bought or fabricated.
The ones on the Losi 5B look good but it's making them fit that makes me wonder.
No I have never seen sway bars on a DR. Would probably really help. I think you are right about fitment. Probably a big pain to do

Phill

No I have never seen sway bars on a DR. Would probably really help. I think you are right about fitment. Probably a big pain to do

We think alike.
In the meantime I'll keep my eye out just in case.
I wish those shocks would hurry up and get here!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.