• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner Rebuild

G-Man

Wanted to share a short video of my Dunerunner upgrades I have done. Thanks Guys

G-Man

Here is a video after doing some upgrades test bashing. I have a Zenoah g320rc engine, Walbro 1107 carb, angled shredstack, HPI stock air filter, ddm aluminum carb insulator block, Rovan easy pullsatarter, Jetpro rear mount pipe, aluminum roll cage, Hitec d845 steering servo, Futaba aluminum servo mount, Savox 0230 throttle servo, LRP 2700 mah lipo rx battery, Futaba 4pls radio system, Killer RC Superbee Killswitch, Stern-CNC belt drive system, Aluminum front and rear diff housings shimmed, Fast Eddy bearings throughout. I am trying out the helical cut crown and pinion diff gears this time. I'm sure I am forgetting something. Oh and the Rovan LT truck wheels and tires installed... Thanks for checking it out Guys!!

G-Man

Oh @Phill. I found a guy here in the states that is making parts out of carbon fiber. He swears by them being super strong. He needs the parts shipped to him then he replicates them in the carbon fiber. I am thinking about getting the two side splash guards and the modified front MT bumper done. This way the one side guard that I had to modify for the belt cover can be enclosed again and maybe look cool

Phill

Oh @Phill. I found a guy here in the states that is making parts out of carbon fiber. He swears by them being super strong. He needs the parts shipped to him then he replicates them in the carbon fiber. I am thinking about getting the two side splash guards and the modified front MT bumper done. This way the one side guard that I had to modify for the belt cover can be enclosed again and maybe look cool

Sounds like a good plan

G-Man

20180405_002835.jpg Blew out the stock rear shocks last time out. Rather than rebuilding, I got a good deal on these reservoir shocks. Mounted the reservoir to the inside for pipe clearance. Ready for some good weather now.

G-Man

The springs look a lot longer than stock?
20180331_235829.jpg Here is a pic with a stock one on the right, test fitting the left one. Pretty sure they are the same size. Now you have me wondering. I originally bought these for my MT was curious if they would fit with the Jetpro there.

Phill

Had my first chance at a good bash session since fitting the new tyres today - lots of WOT and the idler pulley on my belt drive melted??
Looks like the new bearing that I installed on the centre shaft seized.I'll know more when I get the plate off.
I've sent an email to see if I can get another.
At least it steers a lot better with the 60mm front tyres.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.