• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner Rebuild

G-Man

Finally got it on the ground guys!! What a blast! I am liking the taller tires for a little more ground clearance. Seems to steer better with the more narrow tires in the front than the rear. The aluminum differential housings allow the inner steering links to move further so I could actually steer lock to lock. The belt drive worked out well also. I actually found a US manufacturer of the exact same belt Stern uses. They also make a belt out of polyurethane and steel. So I am trying the polyurethane one. I actually ordered two. The rubber and fiberglass stern belt on my MT has some slack, may break I will put this one on in 20171222_172853.jpg

Last edited:

Phill

Looks great !
I find the thinner tyres give better steering too.
Any idea what top speed you're getting with the taller tyres?
Believe me the rubber belt won't break.
I had a set screw come out and get lodged between the belt and the cover.
Got so hot it melted a hole in the cover and only left a slight mark on the belt.

G-Man

Thanks!! I love this rig. I have yet to put a gps on it to see what top speed is yet. Its so wet and snowy. Ya Man the belt broke on my MT after 9 months. Those big tires are a drivetrain killer. Plus I am very hard on it. Figured I'd give that polyurethane one a try and it's easier to buy from US stock not having to deal with ebay and Germany. 20170625_234555.jpg

Phill

Thanks!! I love this rig. I have yet to put a gps on it to see what top speed is yet. Its so wet and snowy. Ya Man the belt broke on my MT after 9 months. Those big tires are a drivetrain killer. Plus I am very hard on it. Figured I'd give that polyurethane one a try and it's easier to buy from US stock not having to deal with ebay and Germany. View attachment 13929

I never thought I'd see that after the punishment mine's had !
I have a couple of spares but if I ever need more I'll get you to send me a link to the steel ones.

G-Man

I never thought I'd see that after the punishment mine's had !
I have a couple of spares but if I ever need more I'll get you to send me a link to the steel ones.
Two other guys I know have also broken their belts on the MT. I think it is the big tires. You have had yours for a long time without issues

Phill

Two other guys I know have also broken their belts on the MT. I think it is the big tires. You have had yours for a long time without issues

I think you're right.
Those heavy tyres would take a bit to get em rolling.
The DR just wheel spins off the mark if you gas it.

Phill

Thanks a bunch!! Been kicking around the idea of getting a XB. Do You have one of those? I found a brand new roller for a good price from a ebay chop shop. I just don't know how durable they are.

Rob told me that the DR is a lot stronger when I asked thesame quetion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online