• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DT1 Dome triple stage filter on Chimera

RCatRacer

Hi,

im new on the forum and in the next days i will be buying a Chimera, my first 1/5 scale. Right now im deciding on the air filter.

I read here on the forum that many guys recomend the hpi filter, but it has clearance issues with the linkage. Then i saw on DDM the DT1 dome filter, http://www.davesmotors.com/sm221_3.html.

I read that it goes well on the losi dbxl. But has any of you had experience with it on the chimera? It offers better perfomance than the stock filter?

Or maybe the stock filter is just fine?

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

I had one on my losi 5 and he is correct its almost just as wide as a stock HPI so it me interfere with the linkage. You will have to run a shred stack anyway to run the filter so if you get an angled shred stack then it will work without any interference.

rampage idiot

I did not no they made the dome type! go with the regular dt-1 and you will not have a clearance issue or like gasser said you could run a angled shred stack

RCatRacer

Thanks for the help guys.

The normal dt1 filter maybe it wont fit because it is too long.

If i use the hpi, i need to modify the throttle linkage to avoid contact, or buy the angled stack wich is 39 bucks. The velocity stack, the regular one costs 8.

The dt1 dome is shorter than the hpi, but as you said is almost equal in wide. So maybe it will not touch the linkage. And it is only one piece, is more practical to clean, to oil, to replace and install. But the main reason im looking for an alternative filter is the perfomance.

rcgasser

The stock is ok but an upgrade will allow more air and better filtration. If you look at the stock filter they use the same filter as they do the outer and you can see the pours on any upgrade especially the 3 stage DT-1 you will see its a lot finer in the pours with less small particails able to come through the engine. The stock with an outerwear would be better then just running the stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

Looks very nice that is not an HPI filter that is an aftermarket filter. With the hpi filter you will not have to run a stack with the filter.

camilio.salamandar

I'm just curious on what kind of setup works best as far as carb,stack and air filter setup on there chimera,I ready to upgrade and just don't want to get something on just "looks" alone

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts