• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drive Train Gears

Corso

Phill said:
Definitely smoother and faster
Mine arrived yesterday, looks like a quality kit. I'm going to try to get it installed in the next couple days.

Ice_2k

@Phil Did you install it on the stock gear plate or with the one it came. If it's the latter, what material is the plate made of?

Phill

Ice_2k said:
@Phil Did you install it on the stock gear plate or with the one it came. If it's the latter, what material is the plate made of?
It doesn't come with a plate

You use your old one

I was using a pin gear set up so actually went back to the plastic plate it came with and haven't had any probs probably because of less heat generation.

I'll upgrade to the square drive alloy plate if and when I have any probs

Ice_2k

Ah, I see. I saw someone on the rampage facebook group selling the v8 version and he said it comes with a carbon fiber gear plate and you use that one.

Phill

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Ah, I see. I saw someone on the rampage facebook group selling the v8 version and he said it comes with a carbon fiber gear plate and you use that one.
If you make the guy in Germany an offer you'll get it cheaper.

I got 9 Euros off the V5

Ice_2k

yeah, I'm not getting it from the guys in the US anyway, it wouldn't make sense, I'm just 2000km away from Germany where they're making them :)

Bulldogger

Phill said:
If you make the guy in Germany an offer you'll get it cheaper.I got 9 Euros off the V5
I sent the guy in Germany a question, do you know if he speaks English? Also what do you do for belt/ part replacements?

Bulldogger

Ice_2k said:
yeah, I'm not getting it from the guys in the US anyway, it wouldn't make sense, I'm just 2000km away from Germany where they're making them :)
Is that the USA guy on ebay in Florida??

RampageHopUps

I will be sitting down and designing a belt drive for the MT and XT this weekend. Hopefully in 6 weeks, you can order from me and get is faster and cheaper.

Corso

Bulldogger said:
I sent the guy in Germany a question, do you know if he speaks English? Also what do you do for belt/ part replacements?
He doesn't speak English. I tried to communicate with him with no success. I did order a kit though and got it fast.

Bulldogger

RampageHopUps said:
I will be sitting down and designing a belt drive for the MT and XT this weekend. Hopefully in 6 weeks, you can order from me and get is faster and cheaper.
Six weeks I am putting it on my calender:D

Ice_2k

Drive Train Gears

Bulldogger said:
Is that the USA guy on ebay in Florida??
Art garza I think. Not sure if he is entirely trust worthy, he told me the v8 version comes with a carbon fiber gear plate. I researched it a bit because it sounded too good and it's not carbon fiber, just plain fiberglass.

talunceford

RampageHopUps said:
It would be awesome to have it to where you could use the existing plate. ;)

Phill

Bulldogger said:
I used google translate to communicate with him.

He also sells the belts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.